Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEED HELP! CROCHET DREADS

thebrain369
@thebrain369
6 years ago
6 posts

I have had crocheted dreads for over a year now. I found this site too late as I was unaware of how harmful it is. I had them maintained by crochet a few times and interlocked once. Since discovering this site about 5 months ago I have not crocheted or done any maintenance to my hair. I think they dreaded them too tight and also the sections are extremely uneven. Is it possible to recover from this or am I better off trying to comb them out and start all over again? 

Thank you!

updated by @thebrain369: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I think by this point your best best is to just leave them alone and don't go back for any more maintenance. The new growth will begin to dread itself.

They might end up looking a bit weird because the crocheted bits will be thinner and harder but it's probably better than starting over (you could always cut those bits off when they get long enough).

I combed out my own crocheted dreads but it was after only about 6 months and I hd only been back for maintenance once. It took 2 weeks of pretty intense combing and cost me quite a lot of the thickness of my hair which then took a long time to become thick enough to dread again.

As for the sections one of the main complaints about salon style dreads is that they make the sections way too best so the fact that they are uneven is a good thing really.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i saw your messages last night

1 was your hair thinning before them if not.. lawsuit

2 well you got some recovering to do Panterra Caraway needs to take a  look at this i think too, im thinking the interlocking was actually the worse mistake

3 id be a lil worried about more hair loss and thinning if you started over and they are starting to loop so will be dreading.. are any sections kinda big//

4 panterra will likely suggest biotin and this massage technique

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
thebrain369
@thebrain369
6 years ago
6 posts

My hair was thick and full of volume, curly but not quite African texture. That's actually the reason I thought dreads would look good on me. There are a few sections that are really big yes and there are some that are extremely small aswell. Does my thinning look very serious? Should I use castor oil or coconut oil for the massage?

Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
To help with the hair thinning, make sure you are getting enough B vitamins in your diet as well as Choline.
I dont have shinning problems (yet) but to be proactive, I personally recently started taking CDP Choline supplements, which is what this guy at this forum said he did to stop his hair loss by 75-90%.
Source link:
http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/forum/the-primal-blueprint-forum-discussion/primal-blueprint-nutrition/94950-how-does-choline-stop-my-hair-falling-out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

really cause chlorine's really bad for hair

never heard of it as a supplement since its toxic  and all..never would  imagine it would be good

thinning does look  kinda worrisome, i think its  the combo of big sec sections and force tightening once they are no longer tight the thinning will reverse

i would not use castor personally.. i think coconut works great

--
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts

Not chlorine.

But choline.

Choline is good for your hair to be able to grow, also good for your brain, and your liver. It is found in some foods like cauliflower. Recommended that males get about 500mg of it a day. Sorry for any confusion.

Edit:

I guess inositol is really good for helping hair grow too. And there is a lot of products out there selling both choline and inositol together. But I think unless you have a condition like bad kidneys or something, the human body can make plenty of its own inositol as needed. 

Some Information sources:

1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8709678/

2.   http://blog.stocknutra.com/supplement-evaluationcholine-for-hair-growth

updated by @peace-shalom: 10/10/18 01:53:32AM
thebrain369
@thebrain369
6 years ago
6 posts

Thank you guys I truly appreciate the help! This site is amazing. 

thebrain369
@thebrain369
6 years ago
6 posts

Also, I feel like a big reason why my hair is thinning is because my dreads are big and heavy and seem to be pulling on my scalp. Is there anyway to fix this issue or reduce the tension on my scalp?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they were tightening them..thats causing tension the biggest ones i would start over as 3 or 4 dreads each

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form