Dreadlocks Forums

Am I too late?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

any cheap conditioner

well

it was more then that she was kinda in hiding ...don't wanna get into it all too much publicly but could tell ya privately and youd understand

it was a complicated situation 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

Good thing I went to the store today and picked up some. Ah that's understandable known a few people in my life that would do the same thing and each had their own reasons for doing so which I respect. Well guess I shall be trying to undo this interlocking hopefully I can get a good portion done tonight. Now do I blowdry my hair as well when I'm all done? I know the loctitian told me to do that so wondering if I should. Also can I utilize leave in conditioner that I got as well?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yes anything that helps make the knots slippery and able to come out

--
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

So some of my locs still feel a bit hard ( I'm assuming from the gel ) they are softer but you can still tell. Will the conditioner get that out or should I get the Olive Oil?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont get it out (either 1) but  combing them out will if the gel had wax in it you might want wax b gone but if they are combed out just very hot water and doawn dish soap should get the wax out

--
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

Okay I think I also found an older topic when someone asked the same thing. I do have some braggs apple cider vinegar as well. I think I saw your response on quora about that. Would that be viable or just stick with the Dawn Original?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

once its combed out dawns probably the safest

if it wasn't combed out wax b gone for sure

--
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

This is what my stylist used called loc a fella butter 

https://www.amazon.com/Razac-Haircare-Loc-fella-Twist/dp/B000ALIL82

doesn't look as organic as what the wife used when I thought I needed it at home. 

She used https://shop.naturallycurly.com/lusters-scurl-free-flow-twist-lock-gel-9-5-oz/# and it doesn't seem as bad by the ingredients it's more natural than what the stylist used but either way butter and gel. Which I don't know if it makes any difference. I'm assuming just a bit of dawn, rub and then use a fine tooth comb or a wide one (similar to but not a pick?) 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

picks fine just be getle dont see ingredients onn thse

--
TheMystiqueRose
@themystiquerose
6 years ago
18 posts

loc a fella I'm not sure but on twist and loc gel I wasn't able to post my picture from my phone for some reason but found the ingredients online.

edit forgot to drop the link lol https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-care/textured-hair/wavy-hair/free-flow-twist-and-lock-gel/SBS-591020.html

updated by @themystiquerose: 08/06/18 01:08:00AM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form