Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help mold?

astraali
@astraali
6 years ago
4 posts

So one of my dreads have been looking really dirty lately. it feels like yougurt and rock hard. Theres this muddy substance everywhere inside it :S

Heres a picture so tell me what i should do with it? Cut it and save others because others look perfectly normal?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

your page says you only rinse and don't wash  thats what happens you don't get them clean

mold would smell bad when wet.. if there is mold  rot knot from www.dreadlockshampoo.com kills it. but you should be washing your hair!  (and not crocheting) it could simply be lint in which case just don't worry about it

or ...its not on the site yet you got to special request it the detox shampoo is charcoal based and seems to remove lint too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
astraali
@astraali
6 years ago
4 posts

okay thanks got so scared! Not much smell really, i opened it and tried to clean much as possible. Gonna start washing them better now on..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

you would definitely smell at least a wet dog smell if not a strong mold smell if there was mold

but if there was..rot knot would fix it

--
astraali
@astraali
6 years ago
4 posts

Yeah better play safe, gonna order that too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

it smells soo yummy i use it every now and then just as precaution

oh about the crochet..are you still doing it how long ago did you stop? do you have photos?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

how often have you been crocheting do you still? how long ago did you stop?

--
astraali
@astraali
6 years ago
4 posts

About once a year just to fix some loose hair. First year i did it often but after that only couple times..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok thats not too terible but your only creating loose hairs with it

--
Dreadson MaLock
@dreadson-malock
6 years ago
10 posts
In 2 weeks, I will have had free form dreadlocks for 4 years, but a month ago, in a hurry I did not fully dry my hair and have clearly developed mold. I know this because the smell every time they are wet.
However, I have used Rot Knot from dreadlockshampoo (still use it) and it hasnt gotten rid of the mold. I even emailed Vicki, to see if I was using it wrong, and per her instructions, it still isnt working.

I really dont want to comb out or cut out 4 years of my journey. I'm honestly saddened by this experience and would appreciate any help or alternatives.

Boiling, white vinegar, using the rest of the rot knot bottle at once, any of these things I am willing to try and more.

I could really use any wise or experienced advice.
Thank you for reading this.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form