Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Could this be mold? :(

PurpleDaze
@purpledaze
6 years ago
3 posts

I haven't been taking very good care of my dreads these past months, and I'm worried I've caused some mold. I've had a rough time with my mental health and I neglected my dreads a little. I've been leaving them damp, wrapped in a towel up to two hours sometimes, and never using a hairdryer. Just hoping that they're dry by the time I went to bed. After realising how badly I've been treating them I decided to cut a few open, and inside I found some white ish powdery stuff. As soon as I cut into my dread it started coming out. It looks like tiny white particles mixed with little white hairs. You can kind of see in the pictures what I mean.

What do you guys think? Is this mold? It doesn't have a smell, but it definitely looks like it, and when I scratch at it, it disappears which I've heard is a sign that it's mold and not lint or skin cells, etc. It's kind of hard to believe that this isn't mold the way I've been treating my dreads :( they're almost two years old now. 

updated by @purpledaze: 02/07/18 03:10:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

if it smells funky when 2wet its mold you did cause high risk factors but could be lint too

rot knot will help if it might be mold

dont wrap them in a towel ever!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

testing.. had a few server issues i think i got most worked out i hoper

--
PurpleDaze
@purpledaze
6 years ago
3 posts
It doesn’t smell at all, but I guess it could still be mold :( thank you, I’ll look into rot knot and do some deep cleansing. Hopefully it’s not too late!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

deep cleansing with baking soda? no dont do that  that might be the cause plus it severely weakens hair after long term use

th same site that has rot knot has a detox charcoal based shampoo that is a deep cleanse

(its not on the site yet so order any other bar and request a replacement) it has no wonderful scent like the rest, but super cleans though might dry the hair a tad

--
PurpleDaze
@purpledaze
6 years ago
3 posts

Oh that sounds great, thank you! I thought I'd post this here instead of ,making a new thread. I found this in my dreads this morning, I think it's a build up of skin cells, dandruff, etc. It's waxy and horrible. I brushed out this entire dread and it was full of it! Most of the others have it in their roots as well. Is there a cure for this? :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

stop using the baking soda if you still use it

try the charcoal detox shampoo

otherwise  dont worry too much   your going to have some lint and dead skin  cells  

the baking soda eats off the skin so likely will increase it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form