Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreads

Xiler84z
@xiler84z
6 years ago
7 posts

Hi, I recently went to a salon and had dreads put in my hair. I had done a lot of research, but did not see anything about what a disaster salon dreads can be. I had half put in Dec. 17 and half put in Dec. 29. Since then, I have been doing more research and found this site. I was initially going to have dreadlock extensions added, but I have canceled my appointment and am hoping for some advice. I am worried that the sections might be to big. She put in 35 baby dreads. Can anyone please look at the pictures and tell me what you think? Can I keep what I have and quit going to the salon? Any advice is appreciated!!! 

dl3.jpg
dl3.jpg  •  436KB

dl2.jpg
dl2.jpg  •  532KB

dl1.jpg
dl1.jpg  •  461KB

dl4.jpg
dl4.jpg  •  432KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

are sections bigger then say  a quarter or 1/2 dollar..1 inch/ they look it

plus you NEED TO REMOVE WAX 

thats top priority. when the wax is removed you will probably find next to no dreadings happened since day 1. so if you decide the sections are too big it will be easy to start over right

so wax b gone is top priority 1srt off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Xiler84z
@xiler84z
6 years ago
7 posts

Here's a pic of one of the sections.

dl5.jpg
dl5.jpg  •  389KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

whoa that will be really big when mature do you want a dread that big sticking up ontop off your head

--
Xiler84z
@xiler84z
6 years ago
7 posts

No, absolutely not. I was hoping for smaller ones anyway, just didn't know what was going on. I thought I had done so much research, but I obviously messed it up big time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

its ok we can start you ofrf right now

--
Xiler84z
@xiler84z
6 years ago
7 posts

Thank you! I will post pics once I wash it out with the wax. 

Xiler84z
@xiler84z
6 years ago
7 posts

Will my hair dread into the right sizes, so they aren't to big? Or will I need to help them?

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

After your hair starts to section itself while leaving it alone, you can split a too big section in 2 or 3, the size you want it and then separate regularly to prevent that they combine again to a big one. In the beginning the sections are so loose that it is very easy to split them.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form