Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Migrating dreads

Barbara Giles
@barbara-giles
7 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for your help! You are awesome!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

if you don't start to see some recovery in several months  come back and we will get our best experts in this on the case

but from the looks of it you should see  some decent recovery in 6 months  with full recovery in 9 to 12

possibly less

im just giving you realistic possibilities for how long it COULD take given what i see  but it might bounce back in 1/2 that time

how often were you maintaining

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Barbara Giles
@barbara-giles
7 years ago
10 posts

I was retwisting once a month and sometimes longer because I saw people's hairlines receding and I didn't want that to happen to me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

10 years .even if it was every 4 months  could add up to this

10 months if done every week or every 4 days

how often for how long and how tight  all matter

given that its been 10 years and its significant but not severe ..it might take 8 months is to be fairly well recovered

--
Barbara Giles
@barbara-giles
7 years ago
10 posts

Also, when I went too long without retwisting my dreads seamed to start becoming thin.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

once a months a lot! especially for 10 years and you saw peoples hairlines receding and now yours has too..

I et so much abuse on facebook for recommending people not twist at all because this is just so common its epidemic

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

that's very weird since retwisting makes them thin they should thicken as they recover

the roots that aren't  dreaded to the scalp can feel or seem thinner just cause they aren't matted but in reality the hairs thicker stronger and results in thicker dreads

look at most twisted dreads the  roots  are 1/5th to 1/10th the size of the sections  ..after being left alone long enough they will be almost exactky the size of the sections

--
Barbara Giles
@barbara-giles
7 years ago
10 posts

I will follow your advice, I will be looking crazy, but I can handle it LOL! I'm so use to maintaining dreads and trying to maintain a neat appearance for work.  But you are so right, all that maintenance really messes up your hairline.  I want my dreads to be thick and pretty again, I will definitely follow your advice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

in featured discussions is 1 about yur rights to dreads in the workplace

hint.. maintaining dreads is voluntarily giving up your only legal  defense to having them.

and believe me nobody was ever fired for healthy hair

the salons scare you into thinking that you have to go bald to be employable..nothing could be farther from the truth

in fact..on fb in 1 of the bigger dread groups we did a poll (for statistical purposes about 75% who responded  were unmaintained)

the results were surprising..to say the least.. sort of  what i expected but the huge  separation in numbers really surprised me

of maintained dreads 65% were unemployed!!

of the unmaintained (factoring in a small number on disability and  retired) the unemployment rate was 1% BETTER then the national average

just maintenance can't explain that wide gap though unfortunately race may have had a factor .. and those that  maintain out of fear of it affecting their jobs  well sort of cause a self fulfilling prophesiy

i always say go into an interview  with only your skills on your mind what you have to offer without a single thought to your hair..if you think its going to matter..it will

--
Barbara Giles
@barbara-giles
7 years ago
10 posts

Those statistics are surprising.  I hear so many people claim to have had some sort of problem on their jobs with regards to dreadlocks.  In fact I thought I was going to lose my job a couple of years ago and the first thing my sister said, was Barbara if you are going to be looking for a job you need to get rid of your dreads.  I told her no, I'm not getting rid of my dreads, you must be kidding! I love dreads, I think they are so beautiful. I've seen so many  men and women of different ethnicities with dreads and I have loved them all. After all, It's just hair!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form