Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do my brand new dreads look normal?

bpot
@bpot
7 years ago
1 posts
Hi everyone! Brand new member here and a brand new to having dreads. My hair is very coarse and curly, especially for a Caucasian. I honestly have never met anyone who was full on white with hair like mine. I finally decided after years of wanting dreads that I was going to try a few. I used the twist and rip method and created about four random dreads in the back/underside of my hair that locked up after a month. I started to add more when I was bored just by grabbing random pieces of my hair and dreading them while watching tv, etc. Last weekend, I went for it and put about 20 dreads in my hair and installed some permanent extensions (human hair) with a crochet hook and some old extensions I used to wear in photo shoots. Now, they're about a week old so I expected them to look wild (and they absolutely do), but I want to make sure I'm not making any fatal mistakes here. I have a few concerns, one being that I have a palm sized gap in between dreads in the back that is just HORRID. Probably from sleeping on it.l, but also there are about 4 inches of loose hair at the root that I'm not sure what to do about. Second concern is that some of my extensions are coming loose. Is this normal in the beginning? I haven't washed my hair since I installed the extensions and don't plan on it until they are strong enough to handle it. I will attach a few photos so I can get som feedback. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
IMG_0868.JPG.jpg
IMG_0868.JPG.jpg  •  286KB

IMG_0869.JPG.jpg
IMG_0869.JPG.jpg  •  242KB

IMG_0870.JPG.jpg
IMG_0870.JPG.jpg  •  256KB

70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
7 years ago
17 posts

they look nice, but why no freeform? :( Although they look nice, i think the whole point of dreadlocks is the journey, and not the instant look (but again; they look nice!)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet hooks are terrible and extentions should never be added to dreads not mature enough to  hold them ..now most people who add extentions hate them and chop them ff

the gap is likely from too big of sections

and finaly you will have 4 inches of loose hairs till nearly mature..dont do anything about it

but do wash your hair the more its washed the quicker it dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

also i agree your hairs totally perfect for natural dreading  why didn't you let it dread itself?

and extend itself through growth/?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form