Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hot weather making hair 10x more oily

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts
So I thoughtmy hair was greasy in the -celcius now we're getting into the + double digit celcius and my hair is getting 10x more oil by the day nothing seems to strip my natural oils away.. bs acv wash was too conditioning.. dreadlock shampoo is the same leaves my hair silky smooth and leaves natural oils.. I tried a thyme tea spray nothing.. also I need to buy a new shampoo but every dreadlock shampoo seems to be made of oils! I need help quick my neglect knots that took 9 months to start to SLIGHTLY tangle are coming undone by the day 😞
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

stripping oils is counter productive  stripping oils causes the scalp to panic and over produce oils

bs/acv wont help, but as i think i said before, adding a lil bs..not acv only bs to the dreadlockshampoo liquid..might

i also suggested you contact vicki about seeing if she can formulate a special shampoo for you (and others with overly oily hair)

i just got back from a week in the woods so haven't had a chance to check in with her yet

i'll try to today..i also know some  of the top herbalists in the world...so can have her consult with them maybe

don't worry we will figure it out

in the mean time..since its getting worse by the day..wash with bs/dreadlockshampoo ..hot wash to help remove excess oils then follow with a freezing cold rinse..mind numbing cold

that will help seal the pores closed and prevent oil over production

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

So mix 1tbsp bs with 1 cup water then pour over head then use shampoo or directly put bs in shampoo? And howuch if so? I still do the hot then cold rinse

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

depends how much shampoo you use put a lil in it maybe lather sprinkle re-lather...?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form