Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread roots matting together

acidburn
@acidburn
9 years ago
96 posts

so im 4 days off 2 months not long i know. so heres a little background info first i started off backcombing and nearly all my dreads sept for the back came undone and before u say its matting cause the way i sleep, i sleep on my side. anyways.. in the back nearly all my dreads are matting at the roots and yes i seperate them some is worse then others. when i pull 1 dread it lifts another and its getting to the point where i cant separate them cause its more matted then the dread it self. now if i had small dreads where this was happening id understand congoing it but the sections are way to big to allow to congo.

updated by @acidburn: 10/16/15 08:28:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate while wet

if you still cant seperate, try a lil olive oil, oly pn the hairs your trying to seperate

you can try  wiggling a finger  or with help a knitting needle under a few hairs at a time and oull up and out

you can try pressing down with 2  fingers flat not tips) between the dreads and pushing them sideways towards the dread if that makes sense

pics can help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
9 years ago
96 posts

my camera sucks too much to show detail between the dreads but i googled for a pic of sections matting and its somewhat simular to this i cant tell how deely matted the pictures hair is but i can tell you mine is roughly half inch off the scalp matted between dreadlocks. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if its 1/2 inch..and tightly so that theres no way to ru]ip them apart following what i said already  u might need surgical intervention  pull the dreads apart like in the photo putting tension on the connection then with help have someone surgicly slice strau]ight between them only  milimeter or 2  like brain surgery use very tiny slices  cutting only a lil hair then repeat above steps trying to rip them slice a lil more if needed repeat  u want to really minimize what you cut cause its so easy to sm]lice unevenly even slice a dread off  so onoy cut a few hairs to release them then ty to rip

--
acidburn
@acidburn
9 years ago
96 posts

omg that sounds horrible! so basically there gonig to congo up if not fixed. i might just comb them all out then and get them redone and crocheted then go all natural i know crocheted is frowned upon but i think it may keep my sections to there own sections =/. on a side not my wife is probably going to cry cause she has 100 dreads and there all doing this also :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono crochet is a hi]orible idea just seperate them if  u must and  theres no other option comb them out then let them drad naturally just keep seperating

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if she has 100 she can let a few combine

but are they really sodly locked together

in most cases unless its over an inch it shouldnt  be that hard to get apart

might  hurt a lil but  when wet just pull  if theres no ripping at all  even when pulling hard thats when u got to snitp a few hairs here and thereto release em

--
acidburn
@acidburn
9 years ago
96 posts

after what you said we went to see someone who does dreadlocks and they advised what u said to snip inbetween the problem with her is i keep telling her not to wear her hair up so much and she always wears a top knot style and now all the roots are connected in a spiderweb way. with the way it looks it will make about 3 massive dreads possible 2 or 1 but they would be huuuge. and for my hair i just plan on not uncombing it im just going to see what it does in the next year and if the mattes between sections get really bad ill snip it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

just keep ontop of seperating ewith her if she wears it up so much it means she will have to separate that much more

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form