Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bummed out...thinning out in center/end of dreadlocks

DonnaMamarie
@donna2
9 years ago
7 posts
My dreads are all natural, free-form dreadlocks, 5 years old. I'm bummed out because one of my locs is thinning out towards the bottom. The end is thick, and the roots are thick, but I've got about a four inch section that is really thin. I know the end will eventually fall off. Is this common? I am thinking that the cause is from using the dread to tie up other dreads. The root is behind my ear by the base if my scull. It has been a go to for tiring up other locs. I'm just wondering if others have had this problem.
joey4
@joey4
9 years ago
4 posts

I think it's normal for more mature dreads. Mine are natural about 4 years old, and I have the same thing going on with one of my favorite locks. A few of my ends have broken off small parts already, but I believe that is mainly from the sun drying them out. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

probl.y from the baking soda use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DonnaMamarie
@donna2
9 years ago
7 posts

The end fell off last night :( oh well. I hope it dosnt keep happening. I've stopped using baking soda. I use it once in a great while.

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  282KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i lost the longest peice ever 2 daqys ago in the shower  panterra suggested a hair mask every month mixing coconut oill mashed up avcado  and if desired some aloe  cover your dreads in   it  cover with a plastic bag leave in 24 hoirs then shampoo out thouroughly that will deeply nourish and strengthen them

i'm going to try it this weekend i think

--
DonnaMamarie
@donna2
9 years ago
7 posts

Let me know how that works out for you Soaring Eagle. I have started conditioning my ends with jojoba oil.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i used argon oil right after seeing that

panterras the expert

so ill try her recomendations

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago