Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Broken Damaged Hair from Seperation

nicianapolis
@nicianapolis
9 years ago
1 posts
Well, I've made several bad mistakes. I'm on my second set of dreads, backcombed after combing out my previously backcombed hair.

This time around I got impatient with the thickness of my dreads and began combining quite a few.

Then they began to mature, and as they did they started to cause a lot of pain and unnecessary tension. Out of some sort of subconscious impulse I began to tear them apart by finding the separated roots and tearing up to the ball of dread at the top. With some blistering on my fingers I managed to completely tear quite a few dreads apart leaving one long with a clump on the end and another significantly shorter, torn dread.

Will my hair repair itself? Will my dreads ever look uniform(ish) and healthy? Am I better off buzzing my hair off and grown it back out without ever touching a comb?

this is where I'm at now.
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  298KB

updated by @nicianapolis: 05/17/15 09:17:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well  combining early was a mistake ripping them apart was a worse mistake instead combing them out would be better

when you rip end to end you literaly break every hair in the dread hundreds of times since they weave in and out in every direction

it will look better later  they will be weakened but no guaranteed loss or anything

you can wait it out and see what they do or comb them out (not cut) and let them reform naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form