Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White/Grey Sticky Stuff

efarnet
@efarnet
9 years ago
6 posts

So, I've been growing my dreads for around 2 years now. Achieved by the neglect method (although I hate that name for it). Every month I do a deep clean using BS & Tea Tree Oil and often use a bar of soap containing no residue, washing my hair about 2/3 times a week. 

A couple of days ago I found in a couple of sections what appears to be white/grey sticky stuff. There is no smell so I don't believe it's mold. However I've noticed that when I wash my hair the sections containing this white/grey stuff stays wet for quite some time longer than my other sections. 

I mostly use a hairdryer to dry my hair and never use it past the lowest setting. 

I did a deep clean after discovering this white/grey stuff and it hasn't gotten rid of anything. So I'm quite confused. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

what was the bar soap containing no residue

was it bronners  do you have hard water you might need a anti-residue or clarifying shampoo to remove it and switch to a dread shampoo made for hard water like dreadlockshampoo.com

i have a strong feeling u are using brionners right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
efarnet
@efarnet
9 years ago
6 posts

At this moment in time I'm unsure what the make of the soap is, I got given a few from a friend who is also on the dread journey. It may be bronners as the name sounds familiar. I'll be able to clarifiy the make of soap later today when I'm home. I've ordered some shampoo's from the dreadlockshampoo.com site and I'm awaiting there arrival too see if they can help. Just a little scared it was mold.

Thanks for the reply! :)

*UPDATE

Also about the Hard Water. I live in the UK and it's believed it be hard water. 

updated by @efarnet: 04/22/15 09:21:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

they will prevent  it from happening again but dont think they will remove whats there already

mold youd smell though f it was mold the  rot knot would take care of it

--
efarnet
@efarnet
9 years ago
6 posts

Right ok. I would of thought it was mold though as I'm always carefull with drying my hair. As I hate having slightly wet/damp hair, plus the fear of getting moldy dreads. The only smell I get is the tea tree oil smell. When wet and when dry. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

mold youd smell for sure

--
efarnet
@efarnet
9 years ago
6 posts

That's good to hear! :) I'll post again when the shampoo's arrive and I've given them a few uses. Thanks for all your help dude.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form