Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Several dready issues!! Help!

Shellina Hill
@shellina-hill
4 years ago
2 posts

So, my dreads are 6 months old and I'm having a few problems. They are definitely a test to my patience. First, the whole bottom back row of my dreads have really thin roots. There is like a 3 inch length of hair at the base that IS dreaded, but its sooo thin. Could it be because I always wear an elastic head band and that constantly rubs it?

My other issue is I have TONS of loose hair. Like enough to make a new dread, but thats not happening either. Its just silky straight hair. I am super against using a crochet hook. So, should I pay to have maintenance or will these escapees be sucked back in?

Heres a pic of the super skinny base. Keep in mind this is ALL of the back/bottom row.

updated by @shellina-hill: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,885 posts

stop wearing the headband if its constricting it could do that

leave the loosies alone they absolutely will dread on their own..when they are ready to

i had abunch on the nape of my neck that didnt seem to want to dread

then all of a sufdden in a single day they all dreaded and got 3 or 4 brand new dreads all at once

stopping the headband will help if they are really in danger let them congo

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Shellina Hill
@shellina-hill
4 years ago
2 posts

Thank you SE!!! As always, your expertise sets one at ease. :)

soaring eagle said:

stop wearing the headband if its constricting it could do that

leave the loosies alone they absolutely will dread on their own..when they are ready to

i had abunch on the nape of my neck that didnt seem to want to dread

then all of a sufdden in a single day they all dreaded and got 3 or 4 brand new dreads all at once

stopping the headband will help if they are really in danger let them congo

Muruga Das
@muruga-das
4 years ago
6 posts
My Experience in this 3 month journey is that thin dreads will often lock with other locks forming bigger ones. I initially wanted thin ones but now I embrace the process of change. My front left lock is actually 3 combined. I say let it be. If you can not use the headband I agree don't use it. For work I have to have it in a pony tail to look "professional" so far no issues for me
CoriElaine
@corielaine
4 years ago
174 posts

You can wear a headband, just don't wear one that's constricting or is made with elastic. I wear a cloth head band, that also doubles as a hair tie, to work. You can also make head bands / hair ties out of old T-shirt parts. :D As for the loose hairs I really recommend the Lockin' Up Liquid soap from Vicki @ Dreadlocksshamoo.com . Peace and happy dreading :)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form