dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The pressure to shave...for men.

James12
@james12
11 years ago
9 posts

Thanks for the wisdom Soaring Eagle!

It is true that society has applied value to valueless things and sometimes believes that the most valuable thing has no value. As long as we do not fall into the trap of believing their values then we won't be valuing their beliefs. Beliefs about hair, appearance, clothing labels, etc. having to be the same as everyone else has really done damage to the creativity in our culture in my opinion.

soaring eagle said:

another is to realize money is only paper the arbitrary value printed on it is meanningless unles you are willing to agree to its value

so if you dont need it to wipe your ass then you need to find others willing to accept that it has value in exchange for goods or services

so you make a tam and you need a sandwich

1st you have to get someone to agree the tams worth 5 squares of tiolet paper then you have to avoid wiping your ass with them long enough to find someone with a sandwich and a underwer stain that requires 5 squares of tioletpaper to resolve

its really alot esier to find someone without a hat whos got a sandwich and a drum and a car willing to trade em all to keep their head warm

you see ..goods..services these things have value especialy when needed

the i scratch your back if you scratch mine is a direct exchange of services

ill mow your lawn if you feed my kids

ill plant your garden if you put a rioof on my house

you can exchange goods for services services for goods etc..and the values arent based on the numbers printed on the papers u could wipe yoir ass with the values are based on what yoir willing to do or part with to receive what youu want or need

the true story of custars last stand:

as the battlefeild dust cleared custar and his army wee on a ridge overlooking the battlefield where may of his men lay dead

the native americans weee down there pickig amongst he bodies for useful things

many of the men had just been paid for the 1at time in months and monts their pockets stuffed full of green papers which the tribe thought looked like green frog skins

the children were playing with these green papers, the women sewing them onto ton clothes as patches and yes some of the warriors used them to start fires or wipe thier asses

this drove cusrer..and his men insane..custar and more then a few of his men killed themselves on the spot

not because of seeing a feild full of thier freinds laying dead below them but because they valued those papers above life itself

on the other side the native americans found little value in these frog skins wich made poor patches for torn clothes and were a bit too skinny to keep the hands from stinking after wiping their asses

so they soon found they were most useful for starting fires

poiunt is..if you agree green papers have value you will give yoir life chasing after that value

but if you believe you..yoiur body your hair your life has value you will never compromise for flimsy green pictures of li]ong dead poloticians

NaturalDreads01 said:

yeah.. it really sucks.. but it is what it is i guess.. the system is screwed lol. Luckily I like crocheting. so I have had people who have wanted to buy some of my stuff.. So I guess that is one way for me to get money lol.

KnotLady said:

the whole job thing gets me heated. how is facial hair less professional? if theres food involved, get one of those beard nets. they make them. my husband shaved to try ot get a job, but his shaving didnt improve the economy lol so it didnt really help. i think people should be able to look however. its actions not looks which denote professionalism and courtesy. i feel if you conduct yourself well, then people will hopefully be able to be acccepting, in jobs and in general.

updated by @james12: 07/22/15 11:57:23AM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

very interesting SE.. I never knew that. of course they wouldn't teach someone like me(highschool student) that kind of stuff in history class lol.

LocksOfOphidian
@locksofophidian
11 years ago
9 posts

The only part of my face that I shave is the part that does not grow in good and looks bad. I choose to work a job that allows me freedom from corporate standards. I do this at the expense of my pocketbook and could get a job paying much more. The only catch is that corporate standard gets implemented if you are considered in the first place.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
What if you make tams and the other guy makes scissors? You don't need the scissors, but he would like the tam. That's the reason we have money. A pure barter society would be a huge pain.I feel pressured into growing a beard, which looks hideous by the way. It's the damn cold weather. Wish I could grow a full beard like SE, but I don't think I would keep it all year anyway. Brushing my teeth is annoying now, eating is a bit more of a chore and my beard is not even a full one. And when I'm playing poker I tend to pull my stache/beard hairs and it ends up hurting like hell afterwards.And my dogs don't like my beard, lol. They're used to it now but the first time it had grown a bit they really disliked being cuddled for awhile.Apart from the fact that many women don't like a beard, I don't think there's much pressure into shaving it. As a woman you are going to be scolded by western men/women alike except for some rare individuals, while as a dude with a manly beard you are not going to hear a thing from women and many men will tell you how awesome your beard is.
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Beards are incredibly awesome and sexy. My boyfriend shaves the stray hairs about once every two months, and I hate that! I say let it growww ;)
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

My late ex-hubby had a beautiful beard when we were married but he used to shave when he visited his mother because she didn't like her "little boy" in a beard lol

He got rid of it completelyafter we separated - I think I loved it more than he did!

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I love beards and chest hair. If I dated a guy with both of those things I would feel like I'm dating a viking so that's awesome.

Randi2
@randi2
11 years ago
28 posts
I definitely gravitate towards men with beards and hair so that seems to be the only guys I ever date. Not personally into clean shaven faces and certainly not clean shaven bodies luckily the guy I'm with now has a massive beard that gets mad compliments everywhere we go. It also stereotypes him when we go to music shows tho bc along with the beard and his long hair and his dready hippy lover on his arm--that would be me :) ha. people automatically assume he's got sunshine in his pocket lol. But in the end it's all about doing what you like It's a filter of sorts when dating. My guy says he doesn't get hit on by as many girls now that's he's grown it so big but that the ones who would approach him are the only ones worth his time now anyway. Same w dreads. Bullshit filter. If u don't like them or don't wanna date me because of them then move along. Much easier that way And sorry for the raaaaambblings!! Haha I do tend to ramble on...
Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

I rarely feel pressured to shave my beard. But I would never let that affect me. I wouldn't ever shave it off anyway! I like it and it's part of who I am. Wouldn't feel like myself without it.

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
11 years ago
100 posts
I never really felt pressured to shave, specially now that im stable at my job, i really go on a feel basis, shave it in the summer. Grow it in the winter. I would never conpare our pressure with the pressure women face. About the money topic, i read a pretty interesting quote feom someone "we live in a society that knows the price of everything, but knows the value of nothing." Thats some deep shit. 1 love. Bless

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form