Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friends Finally Noticing

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
12 years ago
80 posts

That all that matters right you love your dreads who care what they like right?

Joey mipanyarack said:

Exactly hippie love. That's why its funny how others view dreads. When it was forced and fake they liked it. Now that it is starting to get messy and recover they don't. Oh well, I like them no matter what

updated by @hippie-love: 07/23/15 03:08:13AM
Alyssa Danielle
@alyssa-danielle
11 years ago
1 posts

My reaction has been mixed. My mom actually t'n'r half of mine lol she likes them. One of my best friends had a fit and said she forbade me to do my whole head, and my other best friend ignores them. Other than that I haven't had too many reactions except "ugh why?"

Those who know me well know I don't do anything without reason, so after I shrug they let it go. I'm curious how it will be once more people notice!

Boomshelly
@boomshelly
11 years ago
4 posts

Wow! that's crazy that people don't even notice. I've had mine for 16 days now and people (my friends & family) noticed the second they saw me. However i was at a new years party and had them up in a scrunchy (they don't even look like dreads at all when they're up or when i wear a hat) and i took my hair down and the 3 people that i barely knew didn't notice or realize i had dreads until my friend started asking about it. "Oh you have dreads? cool" ... it's weird because i don't get how people couldn't notice!

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

That's what it was like with my first set of dreads.
Alyssa Danielle said:

My reaction has been mixed. My mom actually t'n'r half of mine lol she likes them. One of my best friends had a fit and said she forbade me to do my whole head, and my other best friend ignores them. Other than that I haven't had too many reactions except "ugh why?"

Those who know me well know I don't do anything without reason, so after I shrug they let it go. I'm curious how it will be once more people notice!

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

Lol, my second dread set was just like this, but I only had my first set out for about 2 maybe 3 months at lease before I started my natural dread journey.

Miniya ~ <3 said:

Wow! that's crazy that people don't even notice. I've had mine for 16 days now and people (my friends & family) noticed the second they saw me. However i was at a new years party and had them up in a scrunchy (they don't even look like dreads at all when they're up or when i wear a hat) and i took my hair down and the 3 people that i barely knew didn't notice or realize i had dreads until my friend started asking about it. "Oh you have dreads? cool" ... it's weird because i don't get how people couldn't notice!

Michelle4
@michelle4
11 years ago
15 posts

most of my friends and family notice, my boss at work who i see at least once a week just noticed the other day when i was sitting next to him.... i thought that was crazy, how can you not notice lol

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Around week three random people started coming up to me and touching my hair.. an older man with beautiful locs came up to me and put a bead on on of my knots! It was awesome hahah :)
ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

I'm a stay at home mom so I don't get out much that's why they didn't really notice. Now, everyone is noticing them.

Michelle said:

most of my friends and family notice, my boss at work who i see at least once a week just noticed the other day when i was sitting next to him.... i thought that was crazy, how can you not notice lol

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

That's way to awesome.

melanie rose said:

Around week three random people started coming up to me and touching my hair.. an older man with beautiful locs came up to me and put a bead on on of my knots! It was awesome hahah :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form