Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The "Weed Smoking Hippy" Stereotype

David Breza
@david-breza
12 years ago
12 posts
Well, the paper guideline says "For this topic, think of a label or short description used to describe people and explain how it is defined in a particular ad campaign, song or music genre, or television show. For instance, how does the show Desperate Housewives define the term housewife or how does the Apple ad campaign (re)define the label computer geek? Your objective is to establish and support a definition for the label or description through careful observation of the ads, song, or show." So I wanted to do SOMETHING with dreadlocks, but I'm still trying to figure it all out. :P And yeah that would be awesome! Thanks!
updated by @david-breza: 07/23/15 05:17:32PM
Merek Privitt
@merek-privitt
12 years ago
13 posts

Yay cancer survivors! I just found out i was all clear of my cancer too, i had testicular but they removed it already, im sposed to go back to the doctor every 2 months and go get scans every 4 months. but yea. I felt the need to interject that haha

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Star, move to Philly. It's decriminalized up to 30g here

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I can carry up to 2.5 OZ with my OMMP card. :)

Let me think on that assignment David, if I have anymore suggestions. But...also let me know if/when you want to interview me.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

David, you can interview me too. I used to smoke, and actually quit around the same time I started studying Rastafarianism and growing my locks.

Let me know. You can send me a list of questions. Or, if you feel more comfortable, call me

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
Wish it was easier to find around here. Ohio's a very conservative state from what I've heard, it's not decriminalized at all yet and will probably be one of the last to get a medical system and/or legalization. When I can get some though, it helps my major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety better than anything.Getting on track with the OP, the stereotype people find hardest to believe about me is that I'm not rasta. Dreads, reggae, ganja, somewhat of a hippie look/lifestyle...some of them seriously don't believe me when I say I'm not religious.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Jordan, just to comment on your last part, My wife was raised athiest. My dad couldn not grasp that fact. He kept asking me, "but what religion is she?". I kept saying none, but he just kept asking. Some people are so stuck in the status quo tha hey can't wrap their minds around it

Jordan3
@jordan3
12 years ago
9 posts
A few dimestore Freuds have tried to figure it out with me. Apparently since they thought that I must be in dire need of worshipping something, they ascribed their own perceptions to it. I've been told I worship television, carnal pleasure, herb, rebellion, and most often myself. They were all like your dad in that respect, I could never get them to completely understand that there isn't some dark hole inside me that needs to be filled with some sort of dogma.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I just remembered one of the most common stereo types people have of me....well...besides the weed thing, and the washing thing....

Oddly it's that I'm a vegan! I do like eating whole foods and organic...but I'm always struck as surprised that people assume vegan?!

B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
12 years ago
21 posts

I've smoked a few times, but I simply just don't like it. I'm not sure what it is. I was at a music festival a few weeks ago and our camping neighbors offered me a hit. When I told them I didn't like it they were surprised!
There's a documentary out that I watched on netflix a year ago or so. I think it's called "Super High Me". I thought it was pretty good, even if I don't smoke =]

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form