Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seperation frustration

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Ok so I'm like a month and a half into my journey. It's going great other than my hair wants to be 4 3-4" sections in the back. It's mildly annoying. I keep beads on the worst 3 but they are all doing it. I didn't catch one in time and I had to work really hard to get it back to the 4 babies it started out as. Idk this really isn't a question, just a voicing of my irritation. Lol I guess it's a good thing, that it's being so beautifully active but omg it's a daily project at the moment. Wake up, brush teeth, seperate the three monsters. Ok enough complaining. Just had to share.
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:35:07PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I hear you. Let me guess... You sleep on your back? Most people find that they see more knotting and congoing on the side they sleep on.

Check out my separating tutorial. Part 2 will be coming around at some point (When I actually have locks that need separating. Mature locks don't need it as often)

Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

I'm watching my back real close... Theres a lot of hair that isnt in the "locks" and I keep putting my hand back there but after my first wash I think they should help where to go...??

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Yeah I do and it's annoying cause I snore lol
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
And I would love to but I'm on my iPad/iPhone and they don't play.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Is it possible to sleep on your side? I know it can be hard. I can only sleep on my left side or back. Never felt comfortable on my right side. But if you can sleep on a different side, you may see the mess easier to untanlge

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I've been trying to sleep on my left side but I wake up on my back every time. Even put a pillow on both sides. Woke up on top of both of them head leaning back off the bed lol. I just gotta deal I guess cause I'm too active in my sleep.
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
@ontanae Lol if ur hair is anything like mine that loose hair will go all over and try to be eaten by everything. Then matt up into craziness and try to eat other things, like ur cat and car keys lol. I litteraly woke up a few days ago and my hair was eating the bracelet that I was wearing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form