Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just venting cuz I have no one else to talk to...

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Hey guys, This isn't really dreadlock related but I need some help, talking down, whatever you want to call it... I need to find a new job. I get this feeling my boss is going to lose her practice and I need to get out while I still can or I am going to be with out a paycheck for a while and I'm not finished paying off my bills yet. She recently was gone for about a week and a half for what was supposed to be a one month deal at a eating disorder rehab. Left early cuz she felt it wasn't for he. She had me tell every one she was in another state working some "Emergency Medical Assignment for the Indian reservation" that she also works for part time. I didn't mind that but it would have been so much easier to just say personal reasons. I know I shouldn't have lied but the past is the past and I can't dwell on it. So since she has been back these past 2 weeks nothing has gone well. I believe in Karma and believe me karma is kicking her @$$ right now... First 5 patients cancel. Today her car breaks down smoke pouring out of from under the hood and AAA can't find her in their system. She has to reschedule her first and only patient of the morning and it was a new patient who wasn't too thrilled. Now I am sitting her waiting for the phone to ring... which it wont.I woke up this morning really grouchy and I guess I just had a dream that pissed me off but I don't remember what it was. The AC still isn't working in our office and its like 80 something in November. My office is stuffy and hot. I left my house key, cell phone and lunch at home this morning wish no one able to bring me anything. It's just generally a craptastic day all around and it's not even noon yet.I know I am not in the most horrible situation possible but I am feeling overwhelmed and trapped and that I may never get to where I want to be. My head is swimming and I can't organize my thoughts to save my life! I needed to vent and everyone is working or my friends in Tucson are who knows where and I haven't seen or talked to any of them in forever and I miss them. One thing after another today and I just want to curl up and sleep for a little since I haven't been getting any good sleep lately.I'm just venting so if you take the time to read this thank you!Izzy-licious
updated by @izzy-licious: 02/14/15 03:26:59AM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Hang in there Izzy,=)oh and get a fan if you don't have one.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Thanks.... I have one but can't bring it in... I called the mait. guy they are waiting on a part to come in then they can fix it. Iain said:
Hang in there Izzy,
=)
oh and get a fan if you don't have one.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
What!?shes not gonna let you plug in a fan to keep from sweating your butt of while you work?thats messed up.well I hope the last half of your day has been better
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
It may appear that things are grim in the climate of this economy. I feel the pressure in my business all the time. However it is just a massive shift. Its actually a good thing. It is like a massive economic cleanse. The businesses that will survive are the ones that are willing and able to be dynamic and innovative. It seems as though your boss is out of touch and is not willing to change with the flow. She is a sinking ship. Do what you feel comfortable doing in terms of your current job but start looking for something new.What do you like to do? What are you good at? How can you combine those things and turn it into an appealing service?The only job that is truly secure is the job that you create for yourself. I personally would rather make 50 thousand a year working for myself than make 200K working for someone else. Use this situation as an opportunity to shift into something wonderful. Don't settle for less than what you know your worth.Create your own reality, dont wait for soeone else to create it for you.You'll be fine if you keep a healthy perspective. The best way to get results in your life is to work on yourself. The more you work on yourself and raise your vibration, you will attract more of what you really want into your life.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Great advice Dij, it lit up the lightbulb over my head. Didjeridurian said:
It may appear that things are grim in the climate of this economy. I feel the pressure in my business all the time. However it is just a massive shift. Its actually a good thing. It is like a massive economic cleanse. The businesses that will survive are the ones that are willing and able to be dynamic and innovative. It seems as though your boss is out of touch and is not willing to change with the flow. She is a sinking ship. Do what you feel comfortable doing in terms of your current job but start looking for something new.
What do you like to do? What are you good at? How can you combine those things and turn it into an appealing service?
The only job that is truly secure is the job that you create for yourself. I personally would rather make 50 thousand a year working for myself than make 200K working for someone else. Use this situation as an opportunity to shift into something wonderful. Don't settle for less than what you know your worth.
Create your own reality, dont wait for soeone else to create it for you.
You'll be fine if you keep a healthy perspective. The best way to get results in your life is to work on yourself. The more you work on yourself and raise your vibration, you will attract more of what you really want into your life.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
yeah I have been looking at the things I like to do. It's a slow process trying to work them into something that can work as a business. I want to own my own theatre. And I am working on my degree for theatre production and taking some business classes to supplement and If I never own my own theatre I know I want to do something that brings lots of people together in a community kind of way. If I can break free of the corporate society and be debt free I want to travel and meet and help as many people as I can. Share and brighten their day with art and preformances... (sounds like a traveling theatre troupe) I know I will figure it out it's just going to take some time to get there. My boss just makes me nuts cuz she won't stick to one schedule and I have to be the face person for people and it;s just annoying... I need to get back into my house and my own bed so i can get some real sleep and get my life back in order and get to work on my art again.As for the fan its not that she wont let me, I just can't haul it in and out since I need it for the house as well :D
Chuck R
@chuck-r
15 years ago
19 posts
Things will get better. I'm going through a bunch of crap too. The place I work at got sold and the old owner left the country and didn't pay the entire staffs wages. New people bought the place, but I lost my salary and health insurance, but kept a job bartending. My apartment i rent is now in foreclosure so I have about 2 weeks to find a new place. My computer busted and my car has been breaking down. I was caught up in the Orlando shooting last week so that was a bad day too. But things could be worse. We still have it pretty good in this country compared to so many others. Things will eventually turn around, they have to. Be positive and hopefully it'll all work out for the better. That keeps me going and so many people are going through the same shit. When it rains, it pours.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Great vision sister, lots of power, now you just need to ground it before you blow a fuse.Start small.Pick one aspect of theatre production that you have a gift for and think of a service that you can offer that doesn;t require any huge overheads or unattainablr resources. Use that grand vision to drive you and you can build and build to your dream. Just make sure you are having fun. Izzy-licious said:
yeah I have been looking at the things I like to do. It's a slow process trying to work them into something that can work as a business. I want to own my own theatre. And I am working on my degree for theatre production and taking some business classes to supplement and If I never own my own theatre I know I want to do something that brings lots of people together in a community kind of way. If I can break free of the corporate society and be debt free I want to travel and meet and help as many people as I can. Share and brighten their day with art and preformances... (sounds like a traveling theatre troupe) I know I will figure it out it's just going to take some time to get there. My boss just makes me nuts cuz she won't stick to one schedule and I have to be the face person for people and it;s just annoying... I need to get back into my house and my own bed so i can get some real sleep and get my life back in order and get to work on my art again.

As for the fan its not that she wont let me, I just can't haul it in and out since I need it for the house as well :D
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Amidst all the crazyness that is my house hold right now. We got internet back. Everyone is stressed beyond stressed and yelling and being disrespectful is rampant! I am not speaking to my parents at this present moment because they act like this mess only affects them... (just to fill in. Our upstairs bathroom leaked and caused issues thru out a majority of the house we have been living in an extended stay hotel for 5 weeks and just moved back in to all our stuff in boxes and labeled incorrectly with no idea as to where anything is. Nothing can really get put back properly until my dad finishes the floors)On the plus side...I got a job as a stage manager for the theatre I volunteered at. I am now stage manager for the next show and possibly the one after that! This is one thing I wanted to become after my time at Pima Community College where I stage managed a few shows. Now I get paid to do it. If I do a really good job I may get to do it for a while which is exciting.As for making it a business, I am not sure I can without a degree. I will ask around the theatre thou I did get this position over someone else who is actually studying to do this ;) My work ethic is better according to the director.Now if only I can get my home life to work out with my work and school life. I have set it up now that I am pretty much gone from the house all day M-F I seem to be saner when I am busier than all hell!Now if only I had the means to move out and then it wouldn't matter so much.... All I need is an RV and a campsite and I could deal. My boyfriend doesnt like that Idea and he and I are skirting a fine line of being together or not right now as it is. But that is a whole other story. Sorry to vent like this to you guys but I don't have the huge friend base here in Phoenix like I did in Tucson.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form