Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat Roots

RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
Hello everyone I hope you are all well.My dreads are round for now. I have had them for three months. However, at the roots they are very flat (like a 3D rectangle that has been squished into a 2D line) and I am worried they will grow like that. So from one angle they are wide, but from another angle they are very very thin. Does anyone have the same problem? Will they grow like they are at the roots, flat?Thank You
updated by @rbn: 01/13/15 08:29:12PM
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
I'm actually experiencing this same issue with some of my dreads. I don't have an answer tho.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Im not sure exactly how they will turn out man =/I can tell you that mine are doing the same thing though, but when I hold them to the side they aren't quite as thin looking as I thought they would be, I think yours may round out in time,the only solution that I can think of would be if you got a bead of some sort that you like and keep it in place it can help to round them out, or you could try palm rolling when they are wet,or simply wait it out and see what happens,
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
yeah the bead idea is very good. i washed my hair today and noticed that when its wet the roots are not as flat. to be honest i think they're gonna be fine if i put beads in some places.Thank You all for the input :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont think of it as a problem..instead its a "personality trait"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
If left alone would the new growth from the root actually lock like that. Or will it get rounder over time?
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
idk man i have the same thing on a couple roots.. like loose hari comin in and flattening
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form