Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Substance abuse: Medicinal vs. Recreational

George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
So i don't know if anybody on here will have heard about this, most of you being American, but you may be interested, as i expect a few people here smoke cannabis.Recently the Chairman of the 'Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs' (basically a bunch of scientists that research drugs and advise the UK government) Professor Nutt was sacked for making some controversial remarks about cannabis, ecstasy and LSD.His findings state that alcohol and cigarettes are more of a danger to health than cannabis, and cannabis does cause very little psychological harm to the majority of peoples health.The UK government is now facing the remaining 28 top scientists in the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs all quitting next week.John Beddington, the UK's chief scientific advisor has backed the research and says the evidence that cannabis is less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes is 'absolutely clear cut'.The home secretarys decision to sack Proffessor Nutt has the scientific community up in arms, and everyones in a bit of a kerfuffle.i think this is fantastic news! any other thoughts?
updated by @george-fisher: 02/14/15 09:42:29PM
George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
just realised i should have probably posted this here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/hempcanabisactivists
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
Just because cannibis is less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes doesnt make it good for you. I'm not saying I'm anti-marijuana. I'm just saying that just because it's better than something doesnt make it good for you.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
very well put Jo said:
Just because cannibis is less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes doesnt make it good for you. I'm not saying I'm anti-marijuana. I'm just saying that just because it's better than something doesnt make it good for you.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
There is scientific , medical evidence of the benefits of cannabis. Smoking cannabis isn't necessary and it's a waste of the medicinal properties. Vaporizers and even more better to digest it has real medicinal value. It is an anti-seizure med, pain med, nausea med, has shrank tumors in pateints, is good for asthma, good for panic attacks and PTSD and anxiety, it's a laxative...it has saved severe closed head injury patients from death in the first few hours after trauma. Ok...I could clearly go on and on. Cannabis is indeed good for people.
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
not good it being elligal because people get paranoia when doing it. make it legal and there's no need to be paranoid. echolynnrain said:
There is scientific , medical evidence of the benefits of cannabis. Smoking cannabis isn't necessary and it's a waste of the medicinal properties. Vaporizers and even more better to digest it has real medicinal value. It is an anti-seizure med, pain med, nausea med, has shrank tumors in pateints, is good for asthma, good for panic attacks and PTSD and anxiety, it's a laxative...it has saved severe closed head injury patients from death in the first few hours after trauma. Ok...I could clearly go on and on. Cannabis is indeed good for people.
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
here's something i came across. http://www.drugfreeworld.org/videos/gateway.html#/documentaries/truth-about-drugs-documentary-marijuana do tell me about your opinions on this. watch to the end.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
RBN...that's a great point. Because that paranoia causes stress and stress causes sickness and spirtual ramifications too. And I've experienced it. I'm gonna watch that video right now.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
K, I watched it.First let me say, the "gate-way" theory has already been debunked over and over but let me make a point...I stole a sip of whiskey from my dad at 3 yrs old...it was like candy! They didn't allow me to drink but later on I became an alcoholic. Now...just because I had a pre-disposition to alcoholism...does that mean that others cannot drink responsibly and lead happy, fruitful lives? Ofcourse not. Just because I and thousands of others cannot handle alcohol...should it be outlawed?Ofcourse lots of people who try any drug will be one whom cannot handle it and should probably abstain alltogether if they can't moderate. And yes they will become addicted.I don't mean to sound uncompassionate at all...I have huge compassion for addiction! I've been around AA since I was 16 and I'm now 37. So I have many addict friends...a lot of peeps in AA are addicted to anything they can get their hands on...not always just to alcohol.Just my 2-cents. ;)
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Also...I want to make clear that I'm not saying cannabis is for everyone. I would never push it on anyone and will not allow my daughter to partake until she's 21 if she even decided to. I do not advocate teenagers using pot or alcohol or monster drinks or anything addictive. They should be concentrating on their studies. I became an alcoholic at the age of 12. I feel very strongly about this.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form