Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is your reason behind locking?

TheOhm
@theohm
12 years ago
21 posts

Do you even have a reason or is it for pure vanity?

updated by @theohm: 01/13/15 09:32:29PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

It's hardly vanity, since we all tend to look like something that got caught in the drain for a few months (In the eyes of society. Most of us actually love that part. :D).

I started dreading because it is natural, and I wanted to reconnect with nature. In time, it became something deeply spiritual, too. So now it's everything. It's nature, spirituality, feeling good about myself, everlasting change, creativity... :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i had to

then i forgot to comb so i did

i was at 1 of the most spiritual gatherings ive been to i spent a week in silence in a silent meditation tipi drinking peyote tea

i was living under a tree with a grumpy old rattlesnake..grumpy but easy enough to get along with if you didnt poke him with sticks altho about 100 of us spent most of the week in sillence there was the day of sillence when all 40,000 were silent the day b4 i traded for some really unique beads and stuck em in my hair which started dreading up really fast

i bathed in the freezing cold mountain stream wiyh about 60 or so others ket the waterfall wash thru my hair got lost following the stream up river there were miles of rock piles with candles a really beautiful peaceful and serene scene

it opened up into a wide pool with hundreds of rock piles abd a rock alter in the center with crystals and gemstones sage smudges and a tray of smokables for th e taking

yoiu know i knew i had to dread after cuting my last set but im not sure i intended to dread just then in fact im not ecenb sure i was aware i was dreading untill weeks later when i saw a shadow or reflection

vanity? yea right i think i look in the mirror once or twice a year if i get something in my eye

the most i care how i look is to look at my shadow to see if a dreads sticking out weird or anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

I think everyone will have a different reason for locking, but mine is about being able to express myself in my own way, without worrying about other people's censure. Put simply, letting my hair dread is an expression of freedom. I am finally in a situation where I don't have to be reliant on the opinion of other people for my income, and so I am free to make myself beautiful in my own way, without relying on other people's narrow conceptions of what beauty is.

Al NatureBoy Hand
@al-natureboy-hand
12 years ago
5 posts

I got dreadlocks after wanting them since I was about twelve, I never really knew why, but I'm a fairly spiritual person, visited Avebury and Stone Henge and it felt amazing. What pushed me to get them so recent was a massive change in my life, almost like becoming a man and all that, and they represent my new journey, with the band, as a gardener, as a traveler due to getting my van recently, mixed reasons really.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form