Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting frustrated

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
I tried seriously. I came here found the information, deceided that DHHQ and knotty boy were evil corporate liars just out to make money. And its been two months of no products twist and rip just leaving my hair alone. And you know what i have to show for it? Hair. The dude who backcombed and waxed has something on his head that resembles dreadlocks, i dont. And you know what? He doesnt have nasty candles on his head, hes got geniunly nice looking dreads! FUUUUUUUUUUSo far my dreadlock journey has been frustrating and itchy. All of this patience and waiting hasnt paid off in the fucking least.I REALLY want to think that you guys are right but the evidence around me says otherwise! Im seriously considering combing out my "dreads". and at this point, there would be hardly any difference if i did!aughhh
updated by @daniel: 01/13/15 08:29:02PM
jacob miller
@jacob-miller
15 years ago
15 posts
I felt the exact same way. I had my dreads backcombed and it all fell out except about an inch or less at the root. It looked like a bunch of pony tails on my head. It was horrible and i seriously considered starting over or just giving up. I am so glad I didn't. I don't recommend this because most people on here don't agree but this is what I did to transform my dreads from ponytails to legitimate dreads. Ok here it goes: I had all the dreads redreaded via backcombing gently. Then I blunted the tips by pulling the end of the dread through the middle of the dread. Finally, I rubberbanded the ends about a centimeter up the dread. At first it looks kinda strange and it is really poofy but after a few weeks you dont even notice them anymore. I had done everything I just said once before but without the rubberbands and it all fell out. Once I put the bands on the ends it locked up within a month and I am happy to say that I a band free and locksteady. Regardless if you wish to do something like this or not, don't give up. However, if you are this frustrated now you might want to do the same thing I did because it worked wonders. If you don't agree with this method I completely understand. Either way I hope it all works out for you. Also, if you do use the rubberbands I wouldnt recommend leaving them in any longer than you have to. After about a month or month and a half I cut one of the bands off and made sure the dread didn't fall apart. After a few days the dread was still locked so I took all the bands out.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I would love to see a "Fuuuuuuu pic" for dreads :Panyway man,whats ur hair type like? and a picture of your hair when its normal,I wouldn't imagine anyone would look at you within the first couple of months an say "Oh hey look that guy has dreads"If you see more people that go natural their early pictures don't even look like dreads in the beginning, ima see if I can find a good example, Matted Dew had a good one,,
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form