Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What's the weirdest question you've been asked towards your dreads?

Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Just recently I've been asked how long was it before I started.If I wash them.If they're bug infested.You know, the normal stuff.But just today at work, I was asked if a person could taste them.:|I was a tad...weirded out by the question.But I didn't want them in someone's mouth, that's just...WEIRD.I've often contemplated what my dreads taste like, since almost every smell, and scent I pass through sticks to them.Ha, just thought I'd post this!(:
updated by @matthew: 11/14/21 01:27:33PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
"Are those real?"or questions about my hair being hospitable for spiders, idk about that one..
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
Whats it feel like? like big ropes on ur head all the time?Can I touch them?Lemme get a smell?So you don't wash your hair?How you keepp da buggggs outa there?Did it hurt?Yo, wheres the weed at man?thats all i can think of right now ahhahahhaNams
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Haha, I seriously get asked where's the weed by like...3/4 of the people I see.x| Matted Dew said:
Whats it feel like? like big ropes on ur head all the time?
Can I touch them?
Lemme get a smell?
So you don't wash your hair?
How you keepp da buggggs outa there?
Did it hurt?
Yo, wheres the weed at man?

thats all i can think of right now ahhahahha
Nams
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
My friend had spiders in his dreads once. He used wax as well, if that means anything?It was quite terrible, and gross. Iain said:
"Are those real?"

or questions about my hair being hospitable for spiders, idk about that one..
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Strangely enough I got asked for weed more when I had long curly hair, I mentioned that to my mom and she was like "that's cause no one wants to approach you now"/facepalm
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Yesss! I remember that day. I was looking through his dreads, because he said that he had felt something move on his scalp. So I looked, and sure enough, there was a spider.I said, "Uhmmm, Cecilio, there's....a spider in your dreads..."He freaked out, and immediately cut them without even thinking. Eesh.Anyway, I really don't see how we look like stoners.Like, if you see the aboriginal people of Australia and their dreads, you don't think of that, do you? Seriously. So weird. Vaccine said:
there was a spider in your friends dreads?? oh dear...im not going to sleep well tonight. haha, cause there was this huge ass spider in my car today and i don't like spiders... :/ lol

i had this dude ask me if i had weed on me one night. after saying no to the guy i turn around to my friend who was with me and i said, "do i look like a stoner to you?" and he said, "well yea, you have dreads!" what the hell does that supposed to mean? hahaha, life is awesome sometimes.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Hah, yeahhh. Like..no, it took 9 hours to do. I'm not gonna wake up early to do my hair.I also hate when they're called, "corn rows" instead of dreadlocks.Really? :| Hayley Turner said:
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...

I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
I live in the UK so I've never hear anyone call them corn rows.Anyway I just gotta go put my dreads in... *pfah* Matthew said:
Hah, yeahhh. Like..no, it took 9 hours to do. I'm not gonna wake up early to do my hair.

I also hate when they're called, "corn rows" instead of dreadlocks.
Really? :|

Hayley Turner said:
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...

I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
 / 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form