Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Never thought I'd say this but I want more loops and bumps!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Mine ended up getting a lot loopier after I made this thread. Some of them are starting to mature and lay down now!

updated by @circle-dancer: 07/23/15 04:11:37AM
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

One of my favorite bumpy babies. I've learned to take my beads off every few days now and move them around, because I left this little jeweled bead on this dread for only a couple of weeks and the dread completely balled up beneath it and there is NO moving it now. I tried and tried and tried. Oh well, it's pretty at least. :) And my good friend gave it to me so there's sentimental value.

But yeah, if you're heading into the loopy stages of your dreads, make sure you love your beads. You could wake up one morning and find they've become permanent. :)

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Oh how I wish that I could let my hair go crazy, too! But I'll have to keep them neat and straight cuz I quirk in the medical field and they think that crazy dreads are unprofessional. But it's totally professional to have vomit and blood on my scrubs lol. I have some serious envy here, sister!
Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

I recently wrapped on of my very thick loopy ones just to add a dash of color it ended up staying in for a month or 2 and wasn't falling out so I took it out to discover that it had been sucked ofcharacterand was now straight :( never again will i wrap so tight and leave in so long

Wobby
@wobby
11 years ago
5 posts

I am 9 months in with v long and skinni t&r deads, they are just begining to loop, but mostly at the roots, wonder if that will continue down or is it just cos the movement is at the roots? Anyway, I'mloving exploring new ways to wear them up at work which has inspired a great number of conversations to educate folks in the way of the dreadness:-)

Pixiebird
@pixiebird
11 years ago
6 posts

I just washed my hair, I got about four new loops! So excited!! lol I was the same way as you, I didn't want them getting loopy, but now I'm 5 weeks in and I can't wait to see all the changes they will go through.

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
11 years ago
121 posts

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted this discussion! My dreads are over a year old now and mostly mature. No more loops or zig zags. But I really love them! :)

Janna
@janna
11 years ago
19 posts

I am just a week and half into dreading and I have found I think the few loops that have shown up are ADORABLE! lol. But I also at the beginning was really hoping I wouldn't get a lot of loops and crazy shapes. I was worried about other people seeing them and thinking I didn't take care of myself.

Now, all of my loops are underneath all my other hair, so maybe I will be worried about it more when they start showing up on the top layers, but I definitely don't think they are ugly or gross looking anymore.

Isn't it amazing how excited and fascinated you can get by your hair? I liked my hair before but I've never spent so much time in the mirror before dreading lol.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form