Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread locks in different languages.

Iggy Smith
@iggy-smith
12 years ago
7 posts

in france braids and dreads are 'les nattes', a more contemporary alternative to cadenettes, but you can kinda tell one evolved from the other. so if you wanted to say i have dreadlocks, you'd say j'ai les cheveaux des nattes, that's where we get the word 'natty' from = natty dreads :)

updated by @iggy-smith: 07/23/15 05:06:16PM
Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Ah! I like that one. Thanks.

Iggy Smith said:

in france braids and dreads are 'les nattes', a more contemporary alternative to cadenettes, but you can kinda tell one evolved from the other. so if you wanted to say i have dreadlocks, you'd say j'ai les cheveaux des nattes, that's where we get the word 'natty' from = natty dreads :)

ben
@ben
12 years ago
23 posts

Mes amis, vous avez l de bien belles cadenettes dans vos cheveux ! Sounds a little old school French ^^, but let's start the new trend ! Gonna be hard cause English is more in the french hype mood for a while.

Old frenchy fashion rules !!!

Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Lol!Awesome. I did not know about nattes and I think it sounds cool but cadenettes too so I think I'm going to use both and yes old school french is awesome. I met a nice fellow from Nantes and he was here for a few months. It took him a while to understand our peculiar style of french and he told me that we use a lot of old french words and expression. He found our accent amusing. I bet he would have got a kick out of me using cadenettesinsteadof dreads.

ben said:

Mes amis, vous avez l de bien belles cadenettes dans vos cheveux ! Sounds a little old school French ^^, but let's start the new trend ! Gonna be hard cause English is more in the french hype mood for a while.

Old frenchy fashion rules !!!

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Hmmmm, not in London - Congo Natty Dread - its knotty in patois.

Iggy Smith said:

that's where we get the word 'natty' from = natty dreads :)

Chris Kelemen
@chris-kelemen
12 years ago
2 posts

El pelo rasta.

Le cheveux rasta

its similar haha

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form