Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cant make up my mind.. words of wisdom?

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

You know what ? I'm going on my third day of the natural method. :) Haven't combed my hair at all, today I did some separating, cause my hair seems to want to stick together. :D I'm so happy that my boyfriend likes girls with dreads, though I'm not sure he likes the natural method (he once had to cut a huge beavertail-lock from a friend of his, so he's a bit suspicious of this method).

I think I'm gonna go with the natural method, it seems the easiest way and I also like to keep my hair looking like hair for a while.

updated by @purkurr: 07/13/15 10:57:17AM
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Im not doing anything to my hair. I only TnR'd cuz i wanted to control the size they would be. the first set i had i paid like almost 400 dollars for!!ahh i know stupid! lol they were backcombed and i used wax a couple of tiems when they got really frizzy and my hair would STINK. like really bad. so it took me 3 monthes to comb my hair out and i ended up having to cut out 4 in the back. so i have a little spot where i have baby hairs so im curious to see how they dread. but anyways the whole point of that was that i didnt like the size of them when i had them done. so i made them smaller and now they are on their own. i did all im going to do lol!

but im sooo happy for u! And u tell ur man not to be suspicios. if u separate u should never have a beaver tail lol!!

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

400 dollars, whoa! I also did like a couple of dreads at a salon, they did them by backombing, but I took them out.. that cost almost like 80 dollars for about five dreads. Not so nice. :/ Once one of my friends TnR'd my whole head, but I also took opened them aaaaanndd.. last autumn I TnR'd my hair myself, but ended up opening them as well. Maybe this natural way will stay?

I'm so happy for you too! It was so great to find your post and all the replies to it. This gave me so much more strength. :)

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

YES 400 dollars. Looking back it was rediculous. I saved money for like a month and a half! She did like you said and back combed my whole head.. took 8 hours!

I sure hope u stick with it! I know sometimes u get down and wish u would have never done it cuz this is the start of my third set lol. I had the salon backcombed ones and then 2 monthes ago i went natural for a month and then combed my hair..

This site is awesome. if u ever feel down or need advice u just gotta get on here!! Im so glad everyone on here is so nice and willing to help other people out!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

I bet you kick yourself after pay $400 a realize that all you do is not combed her hair but I'm glad you joined us and stick around for a while because we love all the dreads around here.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Looking back it was so stupid! Thethings i could have bought for $400!! I dont plan on going anywhere!I love this site andyour awesome. So kind and alwayswilling to talk toppl and answer questions!! thanks for all u do SE:)

soaring eagle said:

I bet you kick yourself after pay $400 a realize that all you do is not combed her hair but I'm glad you joined us and stick around for a while because we love all the dreads around here.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form