Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cant make up my mind.. words of wisdom?

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

So, i have put dreads in my hair 2wice now and combed them out.. I really miss them. (which is what i said the last time!) ... Idk if i should just let my hair be or not have dreads. I cant make up my mind!!! aahhhh this sucks lol. I reallydo miss them :( and idk what it is that keeps making me comb them out.. the people im around.. or what but after i get started iget soooexcitedand then a month latersomething changes..

updated by @lindsey3: 02/14/15 08:23:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont put them in

don t take them out

dont prevent them

let your hair decide if it wants to dread or not

dont pay any attention to those around you

how did u "put them in" the last 2 times? maybe you realized it wasnt the right way

if you go naturakll i bet you stick it out and kmeep them many many years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shay Hutton
@shay-hutton
12 years ago
1 posts
Where's that dang like button? lols? maybe you realized it wasnt the right way

if you go naturakll i bet you stick it out and kmeep them many many years

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1st set was salon dreads so many salon dreads only last 3 weeks

2nd set what backcomb or tnr?

the natural ways tge way you havent tried yet and youwongt be combing them out just when they asre starting to progress

y

backcombers get discouraged about a month in from the loosening and backwards progress many get so frustrated they want to comb em out

if you go natural bout a month in you'll be stoked at the priogres and excu=ited to see more

its a whole diferent experience

--
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

The first time i had them salon done.. and this last time i just thew out the comb.. and a month later i had dreads forming.. but combed them out! so i know my hair will dread.. its just me. One day im in love with them the next i want my hair regular.. honestlly i think i just dont know "who i am" and maybe i should just let my hair do whatever until i figure that out.. thats an idea i guess ;)

taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

dreads are a commitment. If you can't decide. and keep combing them out. maybe the time just isn't right. I would not recommend them ...until you are absolutely positive that dreads are what you want.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

throw awaty your comv=b so u cant comb them out

then set a rule for yourself if you do get the urge to comb them out give yourself 2 weeks to think about it b4 u buy a comb then set the comb on your dresser or somewhere u see it every day but dont touch it for a month at the end of the mon th throw it away again ..cerimonaly you can always fish it out of the trash a couple days later if you still wantto give in but do throww it away 1st to empower u to go on

--
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

@taye thats kinda the major reason why i want to get them.. to learn and to grow with my hair. But u are very right.. SEI will try this. I think that there is a reason i cant get them out of my head. Its just hair afterall :) thank you guys for your advice!

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

I knowexactly how you feel! I think I also posted a topic like this last year or something. I'm still uncertain of what to do.

My hair really wants to dread, I can tell. One night - bang! The hair seems to be sticking together and separating more or less. The same happens, if I go outside and wear a wool beanie for a couple of hours.

So yes, my hair really would like to dread, but my mind not. :D Inside, I'm still fighting whether or not dreads are something I'm ready for.. and like you said, sometimes I just don't know who I am. Am I the girl with dreads or not?

I have understood though that I am very prejudiced towards myself! Like, I have this image that if I'm a singer and play piano and/or teach singing, I can't have dreads. That dreads don't go along with singing classical music. I make my own stereotypes, and it's awful! I wish I could just let go of my prejudices and enjoy this life, which I'm going to live only this one time.

Do keep us updated! :)

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Oh girl dont do that to urself. Its just hair!! I have dreads since i wrote this lol.. and im really happy about it. Anyone can have dreads.. doesnt matter what u do. Like i said, its just hair : ) people will get over it.ONe main reason why ireally really stuggles with thedisicion to have them was my boyfirned. but then i decided that this is for me, its mybody, my hair. So if hes really here for methen he will learn to love them just as he loves me ya know!? so itnr'd my head and last night he said you know its just hair i dont care if u have dreads or not!!yaaay lol. ive been with him for 4 years and this is my 2nd set..so im excited!

all i can say is that if its something u want thendo it.. it was something i couldnt stop pbsessing over and thinking about. so to that obviously meant something lol.. so if u want dreads have them. dont listen toother ppl and most ofall the negitivityfrom ur self.. POSITIVITY!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form