Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pictures of combing my dreads out..

Alicia
@alicia
12 years ago
68 posts

Hey guys.. its been awhile since I've been on this site but I wanted to come back and show some pictures of how my hair looked during and after combing my dreads out. I started little by little and it actually was a process that ended up taking me about 4 months (but mostly only because I liked how they looked halfway in).. I went slow but to comb out one dread it took about two hours, sometimes longer. I used a regular comb... well actually a whole bunch because they kept breaking.. but I would use just the end of the comb.. most of the time I didnt even have to use conditioner.. just picked and picked. Afterwards you can see my hair was all multi colored due to dying it with the dreads in.. but oh well. Very possible to comb dreads out just takes a long time and my hand would hurt terrible.. fingers would go numb etc. Oh and as you can see, I had another baby :)

updated by @alicia: 01/13/15 09:17:48PM
Alicia
@alicia
12 years ago
68 posts

Hair today... 5 months later.. pretty healthy looking I think :) Hope this helps people. I was nervous to get dreads in the first place because i couldnt find any pictures of people who had combed their dreads out.

updated by @alicia: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

WOw it looks great! What made you want to comb them out?

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

Didnt know you could comb them out, everyone I know cut theirs. Maybe you have to cut them when you have african american hair.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

wow! well, its nice to know its definitely possible. i don't think i'd have the patience to comb out though. i would probably shave my head:)

Alicia
@alicia
12 years ago
68 posts

I dont really know why I combed them out.. at first I was just sick of my hair being so short.. the dreads made my hair go up above my shoulders.. so I combed out the bottoms to make it long again.. then like I said, I kept the dreads half way in for months. But I dunno.. I do miss the dreads sometimes and maybe I will start them again but for now I am liking having my regular hair back. And as for everyone having to cut their dreads out.. maybe they used wax? Who knows.. you should see the amount of dead hair that would fall out while I combed them though.. it was insane..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u shoulda let em grow you will dread again im sure but u gotta be patient nd let em grow

they woulda been long again in a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia
@alicia
12 years ago
68 posts

Yea probably so.. but there were spots in the back that really looked bad. Empty spaces where dreads should have been. If I do them again next time they will look alot nicer.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form