Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DISCRIMINATION

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

jus thought id shre ths w yall ...iv nevr bn discriminated this bad before.

i am a delivery driver 4 a chinese restraunt, i usually dont serve the people inside eating..but the othert waitresses were busy so they told me to get this couples water, i walk over to get the water the couple storms out while the man is cussing and screaming about the way my hair is. i go outside and ask him what happend and he says i dont like ur hair, and ur overall look so i dnt want u serving me..

wht do yal think abt this

i get scared at all the timealotta ppl say if u wna look like tht u gotta b prepared 4 the crazy reactions

updated by @nicole-hernandez: 02/15/18 04:17:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its 1 in a thousand that act like that

my best freind was a waitress at a cravb oplace in 1 of the most conservative redneck bible belt hellholes there is the buckle of the bible belt and after the resteraunt was bought by a new owner 1 customer a sper rich televangelist asshole complained in a simular fashion and her new bioss asked her to wear a hair peice to hide her dreads she did but then all her regular customers circulated a petition to make the resteraunt not make her hide her dreads so the customers stood up to the owners and told em theyd take their business somewhere else if they were so discrtimuinating

point beung for every 1 negative reaction like that u wuill get 1000 posu=itive ones

its just those negatives are ..loud about it they get a stick up their ass and go on a ranting rampage

they might do the same if they thought u were gay or overweight or a diferent religion

its nothing to fear its something to pitty you should feel sorry for them they ar closed minde and ignorant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagles right. More often than not, you'll get good reactions. And even negative ones can normally be ignored and chalked up to ignorance. Don't let the one loudmouth rattle you.

They're not worth it

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Wow... that is truly insane. Even the most conservative of people I know would never behave like that. There is something wrong with them, not you.

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Btw there are psycho people everywhere and they take issue with all sorts of stuff, not only dreads. At my old work a girl got harassed by some customers as she was ringing them up because they thought she was dressed "like a slut." They told her she was going to burn in hell and a bunch of other mean stuff and had to be asked by management not to return to the store. And what was she wearing that was so "slutty"? Reasonable length shorts and a modest tank, just like you'd see on any regular girl on any given summer day. The point is, there are just psychos out there and I'm sorry you had an encounter with one. Just think of it like having an encounter with a saquatch or something, it makes for a cool story. :)

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

haha! a raving lunatic sasquatch! SE i bet youre talking about tulsa ;)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form