Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sleep? Can I have some please?

Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
So for the past week, I can not sleep. I'm sleeping maybe 3 hrs and definitely not deep sleep. I was hoping maybe someone had any ideas on how I can get some shut eye. I'd like a natural remedy that doesnt make me go right out. Because if the baby wakes up, I need to be somewhat coherent. And I know there is lots of people on this forum that know their natural remedies. Any ideas?oh and please dont say count sheep, I tried, I got to 300 before I picked up a book and said the hell with it LoL
updated by @jo: 01/13/15 08:28:11PM
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
I have trouble some times to , what i do is i smoke a J or i pick up the bong. Weed helps u sleep realgud. I also lay on my stomache and listen to music, for some reason screamo helps me sleep. Tea might help you, a nice warm cup of tea mmmmmm, good luck i hope u catch some z's
Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
look for an item in the vitamin aisle called meletonin, its a chemical your body naturally produces in the evening that makes your mind ready for sleep. the meletonin you buy is ussually in a form that you would dissolve under your tongue right as you lay down to sleep, like a thin strip or a minty pellet.Also try valarian root, it is a herb you can get in pill form at healthfood stores.Chamomile tea is a good item to include in your bedtime rituals.Lavender essential oil in a diffuser can help you relax.Lastly if you a willing and able to have a computer running near your bed, search "theta wave" and fractal in google video. Theta is the state you brain waves are in during meditation and during that fuzzy stage just prior to falling asleep. Certain binaural sounds have been shown to induce these brain frequencies. The videos you'll find are beautiful and super relaxing.All these options should help you sleep without laying you out cold or causing you to feel groggy the next day.hope this helps :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
melatonin but the dreams can be freakkyyyyyits a natural hormone produced by a gland behind yoir eyelid when exposed to darkness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Valerian root is a natural sleep inducing herb that generally comes in capsule form and should be available at any health food store. I use it and it helps me as I have really bad sleep patterns too. Good Luck Jo......Blessed Be Blonde Dready said:
I have trouble some times to , what i do is i smoke a J or i pick up the bong. Weed helps u sleep realgud. I also lay on my stomache and listen to music, for some reason screamo helps me sleep. Tea might help you, a nice warm cup of tea mmmmmm, good luck i hope u catch some z's
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
It has been proven that 8 hours of sleep is unnecessary. Sleep happens in 90 minute cycles, you can break them up through the day. Most people only generally need about 4.5-5 hours in a 24 hour period. The 8 hour thing is just a habbit. Lately it's been about 2-3 hours for me and then another 1.5 hours later. I hate sleeping 8 hours, makes me groggy.If you are intent on your full night then you could try meditation.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form