Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

would you cut your dreads for a million dollars? (very serious and real question)

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

ok...here is the situation...this could get really long so i apologize in advance, but i really would like to hear some thought about this.

...and the million dollars is on the very, very, very, low end of the spectrum that i'm dealing with here. (i just threw it out as a large number)

my parents are very wealthy CONSERVATIVE texas oil and gas ppl. they are part owners of the first natural gas company to build a mid-stream natural gas pipeline in the marcellus shale area (w.virgina, pensylvania)(company is in texas, and they commute weekly by private plane)

the company was put together from scratch like 2 years ago, and they are now set to sell the company this month for billions. (17 companies have made offers, 4 are being considered)

well i'm one of 5 kids that is about to rcv. a huge amount of money i guess in the form of a "trust fund" or something sim.....as my parents want to share this payday w/ family and charity)

i do not know anything about having lots of money like that....each of us 5 will have to travel individually to texas w/in a cpl months to meet w/ a "wealth mgt. team".

i don't know how trust funds work, i don't know anything but living paycheck to paycheck.

my dad who is the main person behind all this is very conservative as i've said, and is evaluating the 5 of us and making determinations as to how each individuals funds will be set up.

my sis just got out of rehab for drugs and alcohol...so her set-up is gonna be way different than mine, and she's gonna be monitored like crazy.

my parents HATE dreadlocks....so i'm gonna have to cut mine before i meet w/ my family this month at their house in beaver creek, as it will make a difference in what goes down.

....super fucked up that it's like that, but it really is..... and i've been told in no uncertain terms that me showing up w/ dreads is not gonna fly.

...but for my family and especially for my son's sake i'll play the game.

...once everything is ironed out tho....i'm not gonna cut or comb my hair ever again.

...sounds petty and stupid to most i'm sure, but i've had dreads literally half my life (im 39) ...3 dif. times...and wanted this to be my last....i guess ill have to start over again...errrrrrrrrrr!

any advice or thoughts about all that....also i'll clarify anything if needed.

...and please give me advice for how to deal w/ this on my end...like i said i don't have a clue here.

updated by @yukon: 02/04/18 04:11:06AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
12 years ago
336 posts

It's a no brainer in my opinion']. Just do it. Think about what good you can do with the money-your son won't have to worry, you can start up a food bank, maybe subsidize a shelter or soup kitchen, etc...what a great joy!!

YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

....plus i'll get my backwoods home in alaska...but there will prolly be a stipulation to that too as my parents constantly fear me dropping out of society and running to the alaska bush....lol (legit fear tho)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i would never for a million

only way i would is if it w3aqs enough to end world hunger then it would be selfish not to

i got a freind with a trust fund.. 12 billion

he refuses to touch it

he lives off of nothing ..literaly nothing he refuses to use money at all

many trust fund kids resent the trust fund or the sourse of the wealth

they cabn mgo either way some become spoiled rich kids some go the other way and refuse to let the wealth screw them over

your kid do u want them growing up feeling like its ok to sacrifice who you are to become a spoiled rich kid? or dso u want to instaqklk the value of standing up for what u beluieve4 in

if your getting 12vbbillion devided by 5 u still will get more then u ever would need

dont sell out

now this is abourt money

ill tell u a story bout injustice that involves something far more valuable then money

my best freinds ex is evil

kidnapped her kids had them sleeping in a bed witjh a loaded gun after shooting their dogs in front of them burning everytVi g they owned tried killing the kids mom 4 times

the list gpes on and on

the lawyer said if she cut her dreads it wiould maKE IT easwier to get her kids back

just to push her around

she refused cause how would her kids respect her for sacrificingfher beliefs

it worked her kids are so strong becaise of her example

the dade tries forcing em to call themselves rednecks tVey refuse

they have their heads shavesd often as a punishment (2 girls 1 had grown hwers from birth!) bit all they want is dreads like momma

if you give in your teaChING your kids to sell out

id sm,ile aqnds say sorry i cant sacrifice my principles i dont need the handout so ill be happy with whatever u decide

but the dreads are hgere to stay

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

my parents w4ere alot like that i inhereted 30,000 from my grandparents

my folks decided cause iu got dreads i shouldnt see a cent

instead they invested it "for me"\

in enron

my 30,000 became 3,000 in a hurry

out iof tVat i got a tv and pc

and lectures

id rather not have to deal with it ever

it will be more hassle tVen its worth

--
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
12 years ago
50 posts

I cut my dreadlocks for a million dollars, even if I had your dreads SE. With 1 million dollar you can help so much the planet. I would had given almost everything to fight the injustice. Dreadlock are still hair, I would prefer to loose my hair and help to planet than keeping it and do nothing to help the others.

But if the million dollars would me my conservative parents that want to shave my dreadlocks because they don't like it...Fuck off! That's really clear for me. If I would have conservative parents that stay in their little false idea and everything, I think I wouldn't talk to them.

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
I'd go as you and see what they offer. Personally I don't like being accountable to others for my basic necessities. I would have to live with the resentment and that would eat me. That said. They have obviously caused you and your sibling(s) some grief and while they don't owe you anything it could be looked at as compensation (think of it as a shallow apology) for that. The real question is what feelings would you be living with by compromising to accept their "apology" wrapped up in money. If you could compromise with an open heart accepting their fallibility and need for control knowing you'd benefit for your own family then it might be worth it. Idk if that helps or not. I don't think accepting money by compromising (unless it was an immoral compromise) makes you any less admirable. It's more about what feelings you have wrapped around it. XxPS I might be able to find a way to accept it...I've never been given the opportunity. :) it's a blessing to have the opportunity even if you turn it down.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

jonny clean cuts his drewads all the time to demonstraqte tools so he can sell mmore 8 dollar dread destroyers

to jonny making money matters more then dreads integrety

what matters most to you?

can u provide for yourself and your kids without selling out?

--
elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
That seems like apples and oranges eagle. Yukon doesn't stand in a position to take money from people by false advertising or by causing harm.
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
12 years ago
50 posts

Money is only a tool. it can be as positive for you and the earth than destructive. When use as an ego tool, it can be the most destructive thing. It doesn't bring hapiness as we may think but only inatisfaction. But money can also bring a lot of positive in our world when use in the right way. With money we can make hundreds and hundreds or persons to work on making the world a place more equal. By exemple, by giving in good orgnanism or by foouding compagny that help people in need.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form