Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

facepalm......

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

A dude told me i should go to youtube and look up how to DO dreadlocks today, i tried telling him what Natural, neglect was, and what i was doing. but it didnt seem to work, this is completely fine with me but it still seems crazy and very laughable to me that people dont know you can do nothing and your hair will do it itself.

updated by @chris-mora: 02/09/18 02:41:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can blame yourtube and the dhhq/kb's of the world for that they make it seem so complicated nobody can understand how it can be so simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

its hilarious talking to a person that has no idea neglect is possible, i talked to a girl a while back that beleived it couldnt be done, i couldnt talk with a straight face, it was amusing to argue this with her

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
13 years ago
90 posts
I think it's more the concept of waiting for something to happen. We aren't in a process oriented culture, we're in a hurry up get out of my way and oh btw gimmee my iPod so I can do something else while I'm doing the first thing. With that kind of conditioning how can anyone be expected to wait a year-two-or-three for something to get the way it's envisioned. For some of us it's about the process, for others it's the product.
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

i think perhaps a reason i chose a long method, btw i started with twist and rip they fell out almostcompletely and now its neglect, was to test how long i could delay gratification.its what your talking about, people need everything now.

elke.in.alaska said:

I think it's more the concept of waiting for something to happen. We aren't in a process oriented culture, we're in a hurry up get out of my way and oh btw gimmee my iPod so I can do something else while I'm doing the first thing. With that kind of conditioning how can anyone be expected to wait a year-two-or-three for something to get the way it's envisioned. For some of us it's about the process, for others it's the product.
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

this is the result of the "nothing is for free" society thinking and the "Time is money, so don't waste any" crap.

I'm glad that there are still some people on the planet thinking different!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

axctualy becaudse of my lifestyle almost all dreads id seen weere natural up untill several years ago

15-20 years ago id never heard of any other way

--
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

its notunbelievableto me, its just bizarre that people dont know that natural actually works,

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

I had never even thought about dreads up until last spring, so I knew nothing about it. When I began researching them, all these websites told me natural meant no wax, and that backcombing and crocheting was the BEST way to go. Fortunately I was too lazy to go to the store and get a crochet needle, but my first set was backcombed. I eventually brushed those out, and thankfully found this site.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i got that alot too "how longs that take to redo every day"
they thought i took them out b4 bed eveery night then redid them in the morning

i also got "who did your weave" a few times haha

but probly most common questioin was "how much of thats your real hair"

Austafari said:

yeah i just mean like the average person who thinks first sees dread and think they look cool probably wouldnt be informed enough to know how they work, like one time, i saw a youtube comment that was a girl that asked how long it took for bob marley to do his hair every day xD and im pretty sure ive seen one asking what kind of wax he used lmao.

soaring eagle said:

axctualy becaudse of my lifestyle almost all dreads id seen weere natural up untill several years ago

15-20 years ago id never heard of any other way

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form