Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

white ppl w/ dreadlocks in jail or prison???

YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

i brought this up on my other web forums a while back (forum for hardcore ganja growers)....and got mostly negative responses...(and these ppl "generally" know what they are talking about)

most said that you'd be better of cutting your dreads because your gonna get harassed by all races for it.

...i can imagine that, but having never been, i don't know??

does anyone here have any 1st hand experience regarding this?

..also are there very many prisons that will let you keep your dreads???

i seriously have no reason to ask this than out of pure curiosity...it really makes me wonder

updated by @yukon: 12/05/21 02:07:16PM
YUKON
@yukon
13 years ago
119 posts

here is a link to one of the threads that i was talking about (started by me, but w/ a handle i used when they put me in purgatory for a while...lol).

....it's pretty long, but you guys might find some humor in some posts, and some truth....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=214137&highlight=dreadlocks+prison

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

all prisons have to let you keep yopur dreads there have been hundreds of cases and every 1 was won so the prisons cannot force u to cut your dreads ..they might make you believce they can so they scare u into giving up your right but if u refuse theres not a thing they can do

hell lenyrd peltier has a weat lofdge built at the prison hes in

and as far as how your treatted all depends on how you act

if your a dumbass with dreads you'll get your as kicked alot

but if ya have a lil sense you'll be treattd ok..by those who wuill treat u ok anyway ..thers alotta assholes in jail who will mess wwith u no matter whgat u look like or how u act

best to just stay out of jauil and not deal with it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i'll tell ya a lil cop story and dreads when bush stole the 1st election (i dont belkieve he eally won either time) the rnc convention was in town we were feedig folks (progtestors as well as homeless and addicts) neear my neighbourhiood in the center of a crack hood around the corner puppetistas wre building puppets for the protest and the puppet factory was raided so we had cops hanging around us constantly

one night were out there with a bonfire (and an adobe oven we built too) (remember this is an inner city gheto fires were illegal) and we are drun=mming around the fire smoking weed signing having fun and the ops were giving us a lightshow and jamming with us (using the patrol car hood as a drum)

the 1 cops talkimg to me aboput how he wants to quit and move to the mountains and live off the land and how hes starting to grow his dreds (black guy had lil itty bitty freeform dreadies) the next day we are out there coking ganja cookies in the bus and u could smell it 3 blocks away the whole hood smelled yummy

so the same cops come over odviosly smelling the cookies but not saying a word the 1 (dreadyy cop) walks onto the bus and comes back out grinnin g ear to ear calling over his partner saying duide u gotta check this out so now both cops are on the bus (standing over a box with hundreds of ganja cookies cooling consealed just by a towel tossed over it at the l;ast second)

tgey come back out and ask hey we love to cook can we come back and cook with you guys they were so impressed with the resteraunt quality industrial kitchen on a schoolbus they didnt care bout the ganja only wanted to help cook..

fast forward a week those cops disapear and never come back (assume he headed for the hills) now the liutenant is there everyday and im having deep convos with him getting him to admit the raid on puppets was probly more of a harasment then a legal police action and 1 day the adobe oveb door vanished.. the luetenant goes home and rips the door off the oven in his kitchen to give it to us for opur oven made of mud..(along with a bag of veggies from hids garden)

fast forwrd a few years theserws now a massive garden in the gheto making it the safest block in the city every cop around knows me by name they drop by asking "hey have you seen john today" (the liutenant)

another night we are out there drumming loudly and 1 feinds jumping over the fire back and forth this was during this huge operation to shut down the over 300 open air drug markets around town we were sitting in the heart of 1 of them well an island of serenity surrounded by tit the drugs voluntarily moves a block away in all directions out of respect for us

so as were jamming an small army of bike cops come streamming by..like 60 or so of them..all smiling and wavcing

for 8 years the cops there treatted us like their best freinds and with total respect

there are cops that are evil assholes ..but there are many that are decent ppl tiooo

and your more likely to find the decent ones if u treat them decently and with respect too..and i dont mean the scared sir yes sir type i mean joking around trewating them like just anybody else type

--
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-05-08-rastafarian-dreadlocks_N.htm

In VA dreadlocks violate the dress-code and you will be put in the hole for them. Isolation just moves you closer to Jah.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

that is totaly unconstitutiobal

and a serius violation of civil rights\

--
treeofdread
@treeofdread
13 years ago
10 posts

This guys a pro skateboarder, he went to jail in brazil for something very petty for only afew days and they made him cut his dreads. He had them nearly 15 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C4PgB1HU_c

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

If your in a holding cell no they can't cut them. But if your going to a federal prison they will cut them because prisons teach conformity. Not only that but people can grab them and pull you into their fist. Prisons are full of fighting and when people can use them against you it's not really a fun matter.

updated by @gratefulnick: 07/23/15 03:48:02PM
konviet
@konviet
13 years ago
2 posts

I can only speak for federal prison.....I was there for 70months and seen alot of races with dreadlocks and all types of hair styles and nobody messes with you about a hair style in there.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form