Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

your input on the new upcoming chat plz

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

all the sites on the network were asked to offer opinions on features important in the new chat being developed,

feedback has made it clear that popping out chat into a new window is very important. We are working to figure out how popping out chat will work with this new chat design, where instead of being a single rectangular module, chat is now divided into "panes", one for the list of people in chat, one for the network chat room and a pane for every private conversation.

As a reminder, here's what I'm talking about:

So, "popping out" chat isn't quite as simple as before, because you're not just popping out the same rectangular chat feature into a new window. There are two main ways that this new pop out experience could work:

1. When you click the popout, only that pane gets popped out. If you have the main chat room popped out and then receive a new 1:1 conversation, it will open back up in the main window.
    Pros: Members can view and participate in multiple conversations at once and arrange them as they see fit.
    Cons: Closing the main browser window/tab where you originated the popout will close all open chat windows.
  2. When you click the popout button, a tabbed chat "module" similar to today's chat appears in a new window.
    Pros: Members can keep chat open if they close the main browser window. New IMs will open in the same window they're already chatting in.
    Cons: Members won't be able to see multiple conversations at once. Similar to today's chat, you'll have to change tabs to flip between a 1:1 conversation and the main network chat.

Need some visuals to understand what I'm talking about? Here's option 1 , and here's option 2 .

i didnt want to give my opinion without getting your opinions on which options better for you

i like option 2 but i want to recomend what youd want more then what id want

the new chats still being worked out and is weeks away from even a beta test but your opinions will help customize it to what youd want

ps the new chat can be styled with cs to look the way we want it to

possibly even customixzed on your own page just the way u want (i think)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form