Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Worried About my dreads..

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Hey i've had my dreads since december which means my dreads are about 10 months now. I got em made in a saloon (yes i know now it wasn't the best decision) The women who made em back combed my hair, and used some different kinds of wax. Before i went to the saloon i read alot about dreads but sadly not from this site, but from the DHHQ site. Then since everyone suggested wax on their site, i bought some including some other products like the loose hair thingy, rubber bans and the shampoo..

unaware of this site, and what wax did to ur dreads, i used it about once a week until i found this site. And it were actually a coincidence that i found the site, because i were searching some info about the lock docta and then this site popped up saying that the tool was absolutly ****. So i read on and found some threds about wax, and i immediately stopped using it.

Now a couple of monts later (3 or 4 i think) I'm using the bcs/ac wash and its great but the only thing that bothers me, is the thing that i probably still got the wax in my hair, and im worried about if it will ruin my dreads, also lately despite using the bcs/ac i've had some itching and stuff like that on my scalp which i haven't had earlier but it can be because i'm not washing enough, i'm busy atm so sometimes i might skip a week, which i know i kinda bad.... And i aslo got some tiny tiny black spots on like 2 of my dreads, but its like the dread ends, and then there are some hairs that are stuck together that goes on, and in the core of the that there are black spots (dirt). And the i thought mayb the wax caused this? But i have no idea really-...

Also i'm using Orange and Rosemary oil in my washes (depending on what i feel like). I've also tried mixing my own wax removing stuff with Orange oil, almond and then mix it onto my hair, but i dont know if it really worked...

What i'm thinking now is should i keep dreading and hope for the wax doens't screw it all up, or should i cut em off (which i really don't wan't, even tho it could be nice to start over with natural dreads.. But i don't feel like cutting them all off just like that...

Edit: Forgot to add that is it normal that after u put ur hair down in a bowl with the bcs water stuff, afterwards mine tends to get a bit white, before the baking soda were completly dissolved in the water. Is this normal? and just dirt and stuff that gets out or? Could it even be little bits of wax?

Thanks for ur Time!

Also didn't really knew where to put this, so it just ended up here :)

updated by @lazdaa: 02/14/15 12:18:31PM
FREEBIRD
@freebird
13 years ago
15 posts

see what happens my friend. If you have to cut them off later so be it. This is my second attempt at locks. First was backcoming and it was a mess. Now natural. I go to the beach a lot to get salt in, and have an aloe garden where i cut the aloe, take the inside, and blend it, then put it in my hair. The itching is from not washing. There are mold detectors who work for cities. If your super worried it's mold or something. I've heard stories where peeps used was in the beginning, found out it was bad, and then stopped with no problems. I think it may depend on how much you used and if you washed with the was in often.

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts

I had the same problem but without the black spots. I use tea tree, lavendar, lemongrass, peppermint and rosemary oils. It's either the lavendar or rosemary that helps mold from growing in them. I have tried removing the wax from my dreads a few times and yesterday I boild water and dipped my dreads in them and then scrubbed like crazy with Dawn. Really don't think it work so I think I'm done trying to worry about getting the wax out cause me, I really don't think you can really get it out all together! I only used wax once or twice until I came across this site and like you, I stopped waxing and all the other bad stuff immediatly! Good luck to you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

soak ijn undiluted vinager then very hot water and lots of dawn

i would try hard to remove it

and ..if u do start over comb em out dont cut em

remkoving wax ids ccvery hard to do but hey u might wanna call up mr jonny and remind him he promiced a wax remover and tell him untill he provides 1 he has no right ruining ppls dreads

for grreed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Well i washed with bc today and did an undiluted vinegar wash with very hot water,

And for dawn, will this work?:

And about those black spots (bits of dirt or w/e it is) im getting a pic up in a sec

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Here is a pic.

In the black circles there are some tiny spots of dark thingy, and it is only in 2 or so dreads in the front...

Also a thing i most say, i probably waxed those dreads in the fron pretty good, so mayb it could be residuse? But i dont know...

The thing i'm worried about is if it countinous all up in the dread, i tried to find out but i couldn't really se anything..

updated by @lazdaa: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the fairy stuff will work

i cant really see anythinmg in the pic but sounds like dirt in wax

--
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Yea i thougt like it had something to do with that...

Well thanks for all ur Help SE!

And ofc ur others too (:

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts

Just thought of something! Uhm, did you put rubber bands on your dreads? I have a black ring around 1 of mine cause when I took them out I missed 1 and it melted into my dread!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ohhhhh yikes yea hadnt even considere that but verey possible

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form