Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help meeting good peoples

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

You're welcome Sunshine! I think we all struggle with that...atleast sometimes. I know when I was in my 20's, I was alot less able to to just accept people. I think some of it comes from being young and trying to find our own place in the world. Much love <3

Sunshine said:

That definatley got me thinking. Thanks Panterra! I do judge others, and sometimes with the first glance. I wish i didn't and i try not to. it's something I am still working on.

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/23/15 05:17:53PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

for me its as simple as picking up on other peoples vibes. you can just tell.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I like to think I have good instincts too Change, but sometimes, I don't think it is that simple. For years, I had a kind of secret, something personal that I kept to myself. Some people who met me said, "I knew there was something!" (after they found out), but until they knew, it threw them. Some people were drawn to me because of it, while others let it push them away...either way, it had nothing to do with me being a good person or friend in the end.

Change~ said:

for me its as simple as picking up on other peoples vibes. you can just tell.

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

Aika, so true! I am a very quiet person, always have been and was a shy kid... it's always been hard for me finding just the right friends and being able to keep them, plus having issues with anxiety has not helped along the way... I do like the idea of trying to find potlucks and circles, at least I might have a chance of finding people into the same things as me which has always been a struggle.

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts
Ugh some of you huys certainly have the wrong idea. I'm not short on friends, nor do I struggle to meet people. I'm very outgoing, and I have tons of friends. What I'm short on is friends w/ dreads, and that's why I posted this. A lot of my friends are really wrapped up in the consumer culture in which we live, and that upsets me. That's what I mean when I say good people. Don't make assumptions.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Just because someone has dreads doesn't make them not into consumerism or a "good person" or anything else...like a pot smoker or Bob Marley fan...now who is making assumptions?

Matt Critean said:

Ugh some of you huys certainly have the wrong idea. I'm not short on friends, nor do I struggle to meet people. I'm very outgoing, and I have tons of friends. What I'm short on is friends w/ dreads, and that's why I posted this. A lot of my friends are really wrapped up in the consumer culture in which we live, and that upsets me. That's what I mean when I say good people. Don't make assumptions.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form