Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help meeting good peoples

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

A downside to my crazy alternative lifestyle comes as a lack of worthwhile friends with whom I have a lot in common (especially girls). I feel like I just don't know where to go to meet people.Most 'normal' people would be repulsed by my lifestyle, and frankly I have no interest being around them. I play lots of soccer, but those guys (and they are all guys) are just people with whom I play soccer - we don't have enough in common to actually hang out. Music festivals are awesome for networking (and girls there are amazing), but I feel like the huge majority of those people completely disappear outside of festies, and I can't go to them frequently enough. I used to hang out with a lot of ravers, but they're a class of their own, and not really what I'm looking for. I made a bunch of good friends on a conservation internship, but now we're spread all over the country and we never see each other. It's not like I can just post-up at Whole Foods and advertise. How do I meet more good people in the real world? Where do you all hang out/meet people? I feel like I'm missing something here...

PS I'm not like antisocial or anything. I have friends, I just want more! And I want to know cool girls!

updated by @hans-criteanu: 02/14/15 08:37:57AM
Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

hahaha I feel the same way in my area. I live in a small town, so I don't have any friends that I have something in common with. Most of my friends arn't really friends and if they are they live hundreds of miles away from me and we hardly ever see eachother. Most of the people in my town suck anyway.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

local rainbow potlucks drum circles volunteer projects cofeehouses

if u dont got potlucks or drum ciercles start em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

I feel like I'm not really in much of a position to start either one. I don't have a good place to live (to host a potluck), and I don't have a drum (shameful, I know)

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

I wouldn't know what to do with a drum even if i had one. is there ayoutube video for hat? lol

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

the quiet ones usually end up being the most worthwhile and have the most to contribute to a relationship. i don't trust people that talk too much...especially about themselves. but that's just me. the only problem with quiet people is that you have to initiate and work at the relationship more than usual. but that's what it's all about right! :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i agree, people that talk to much, and then people who always sound like theyre doing a sales pitch when your just trying to talk. you dont need to sell me your friendship if so i dont want it lol. i always was the quiet one too, happens when trust is broken time and time again though so what would you expect :)

my experience has been when you go looking for good people to associate with you end up with the opposite. ive found that just doing what you do, good people will cross paths with you at some point, but i totally get what your trying to say. i wish i had more great people to hang out with.

Aika said:

the quiet ones usually end up being the most worthwhile and have the most to contribute to a relationship. i don't trust people that talk too much...especially about themselves. but that's just me. the only problem with quiet people is that you have to initiate and work at the relationship more than usual. but that's what it's all about right! :)

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

it's true, i've had good fortune with good people finding me.

Change~ said:

i agree, people that talk to much, and then people who always sound like theyre doing a sales pitch when your just trying to talk. you dont need to sell me your friendship if so i dont want it lol. i always was the quiet one too, happens when trust is broken time and time again though so what would you expect :)

my experience has been when you go looking for good people to associate with you end up with the opposite. ive found that just doing what you do, good people will cross paths with you at some point, but i totally get what your trying to say. i wish i had more great people to hang out with.

Aika said:

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Wow. I don't understand this discussion at all! What constitutes "good people"? People who you deem to be good...? I think that is a problem right there! People who have alot in common with you? There's another problem. It just seems to me that you aren't very open...and if you are so into judging and evaluating, you can expect the same thing from others. I never go out into the world looking for anybody...good or otherwise...and I find amazing, interesting peole all over!!! I just put myself "out there" and actually talk to people and take an interest in them. I love meeting people who are really nothing like myself...otherwise, I would just be by myself. I just really think you are limiting yourself. You don't have to agree with everything someone says or does to realize that someone is a great human being and you want to know them. Just your statement about your lifestyle, and what others would think is a huge assumption. Why sell people short? I mean, yeah...people can be jerks sometimes (sure that goes for you too)..but for the most part, most people are good and kind and want the same things we all want. And I truly believe that until you know anyone for awhile you can't really know them at all.I mean, I have had good friends who I knew for years and one day I found that they had conduct that was a deal breaker...it was weird, because it took so long to discover something so fundamental..but it happens that way sometimes. And sometimes, good people do bad things for good reasons. I think you need to give this subject some thought either way:)

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

That definatley got me thinking. Thanks Panterra! I do judge others, and sometimes with the first glance. I wish i didn't and i try not to. it's something I am still working on.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form