Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beautiful Dreadies :)

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

I saw lots of beautiful natural dreads at the Blues & Brews festival in Telluride, CO weekend before last. I was surprised that I really didn't see anyone with wax tube dreads :)

And last but not least, my own...

updated by @crazydaizy99: 02/14/15 07:55:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nice :) yea waxy dreads are slowly going extinct very few ppl fall for it anymore and the ones that did are starting over more and more often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i havent used wax since high school when i did liberty spikes. took days to get it out, then residue was still in for about a week haha, that was never an option. so pretty there!!! looks like a lot of fun, and your locks look great!

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

Thanks!! Usually when I see people with wax dreads they are very young. And I have had a million people ask me if I had to use wax to start them since that is "what they heard" . LOL! I even had a guy ask me if I used honey in my hair. Believe it or not kids usually ask more intelligent questions about them than adults do.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

yeah weird right? when i was in HS people would say honey, glue, wax, or all of it together. said screw that lol doesnt sound right at all.

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

Honey in the hair sounds pretty gross and like hell to clean. It is funny the myths that people believe about dreading. I also get asked a lot how I "made" them and when I try to explain to people that they made themselves they don't get it. They'll say, "yes but how did you start them". When I say I stopped conditioning and combing and allowed them to mat and then separated the mats they still don't understand. They think I magically weaved them or something, LOL. A little girl asked a cute question the other day though. She asked me what would happen if I started using conditioner. I told her my dreads mights start to come apart and that would make me really sad. The child had no problem understanding the concept of the tangles forming on their own without the use of conditioner. Why don't adults get that?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

thats awesome. today is day 7 for me, and only yesterday people at work in the office finally had an open mind about dreading. its hard to overcome the stigmas that come with it. but as dreading will teach you, just be patient :)

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

My husband is a business man so we attend a lot of formal events. I LOVE going into the events in dreads. I get some dirty looks here and there, but for the most part I get a lot of compliments. I always wear them down so everyone can see them in all their glory. I never get offended if people look at me weird, but it bugs my husband and he has to bite his tongue. LOL!

CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
13 years ago
81 posts

I hope these beautiful ladies won't mind that I used their pics in my photography collection :)

updated by @crazydaizy99: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Children are delightfully simple.. The world hasn't gotten to them yet and contaminated their precious little minds.. :)

CrazyDaizy99 said:

Honey in the hair sounds pretty gross and like hell to clean. It is funny the myths that people believe about dreading. I also get asked a lot how I "made" them and when I try to explain to people that they made themselves they don't get it. They'll say, "yes but how did you start them". When I say I stopped conditioning and combing and allowed them to mat and then separated the mats they still don't understand. They think I magically weaved them or something, LOL. A little girl asked a cute question the other day though. She asked me what would happen if I started using conditioner. I told her my dreads mights start to come apart and that would make me really sad. The child had no problem understanding the concept of the tangles forming on their own without the use of conditioner. Why don't adults get that?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form