Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how' is everyones (Twist n Rip) coming along?!!!!

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

haha that picture made me smile so hard! They're looking good :)

Mao said:

I'm on the 6th month of my journey..started tnr.. :D

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

glad you did away with the crochet :)

Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

Haha! yeah, got rid of crochet..It does look your dreads 'tidy' but eventually will kill them by damaging hair strands. Natural is waaaay better..

THanks! keep on smiling! :)

Nichole Currier said:

haha that picture made me smile so hard! They're looking good :)

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

Yeah I thought they still looked pretty thin for 6 months, just keep up with the ACV and they'll repair, and get fuzzy and beautiful :), congrats on the change!

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
wow thats awesome mimi! just checked out your photos - you've got no idea how much inspiration that just gave me, your locks look amazing! thank you so much, bless :)
Eva-Jo
@eva-jo
13 years ago
2 posts

Thanks! I love how welcoming and beautiful everyone seems on this site. Happy to have found it! I already have tons of loose hairs. It really doesn't bother me though...Rawr ;D I just finished my second bs/acv rinse. I really need to get some tea tree oil soon though, because that acv is just too unpleasant for my nose! When drying your hair, do you just squeeze out as much water as possible and then let the rest drip dry? I refuse to use a blow dryer, seeing as how that's one of the many reasons for them.

Nichole Currier said:

Lol completely! the fuzzy-ness will turn into frizzy-ness, and they'll make loose hairs, which will turn into new dreads, it's like a birthing process, it's weird, but amazing!

Eva-Jo said:

I'm only a couple of days in, and I feel like a fuzzy lion....is that normal? lol:)

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

i kind of ring my hair out like you would a sponge, or wet shirt or something lol, then squeeze excess with the towel, then air dry. I generally pour the BS over my head, do something for 15 minutes, to a half hour, then hop in the shower, rinse, then wash the rest of me, and keep my hair away from the water as much as possible to give it a head start on drying. I only do the ACV about once a week, to every other week though :)

Eva-Jo said:

Thanks! I love how welcoming and beautiful everyone seems on this site. Happy to have found it! I already have tons of loose hairs. It really doesn't bother me though...Rawr ;D I just finished my second bs/acv rinse. I really need to get some tea tree oil soon though, because that acv is just too unpleasant for my nose! When drying your hair, do you just squeeze out as much water as possible and then let the rest drip dry? I refuse to use a blow dryer, seeing as how that's one of the many reasons for them.

Nichole Currier said:

Lol completely! the fuzzy-ness will turn into frizzy-ness, and they'll make loose hairs, which will turn into new dreads, it's like a birthing process, it's weird, but amazing!

Eva-Jo said:

I'm only a couple of days in, and I feel like a fuzzy lion....is that normal? lol:)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

It is okay to squeeze the water out of the dreads, but NEVER wring or twist them. Over time it will thin your dreads out, as it causes breakage. Regular hair or dreaded hair is fragile when wet, please use care :)

Nichole Currier said:

i kind of ring my hair out like you would a sponge, or wet shirt or something lol, then squeeze excess with the towel, then air dry. I generally pour the BS over my head, do something for 15 minutes, to a half hour, then hop in the shower, rinse, then wash the rest of me, and keep my hair away from the water as much as possible to give it a head start on drying. I only do the ACV about once a week, to every other week though :)

Eva-Jo said:

Nichole Currier said:

Eva-Jo said:

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

That never even occurred to me, you'd think me being in cosmetology I'd put two and two together lol, thank you :)

Panterra Caraway said:

It is okay to squeeze the water out of the dreads, but NEVER wring or twist them. Over time it will thin your dreads out, as it causes breakage. Regular hair or dreaded hair is fragile when wet, please use care :)

Nichole Currier said:

Eva-Jo said:

Nichole Currier said:

Eva-Jo said:

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

You're welcome! I find that many times, we do things without thinking and someone else can point it out and we do a forehead slap! LOL

Nichole Currier said:

That never even occurred to me, you'd think me being in cosmetology I'd put two and two together lol, thank you :)

Panterra Caraway said:

Nichole Currier said:

Eva-Jo said:

Nichole Currier said:

Eva-Jo said:

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/13/15 05:23:57PM

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form