Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Special Appreciation Wall

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

The natural dreading journey can be scary, funny,challenging, liberating, lonely, confusing, mind-opening, life-changing, spiritually-awakening... and many other things. We are lucky to have this site where we can mentor and encourage each other and share experiences.There may be times when a person's words or a particular photo hits us right there, and the Like button or friend request isn't enough. I'd like to offer this as a Special Appreciation Wall where we can post messages of deep appreciation, eg. ''wow, this saved my dreadlocks/sanity/faith in life' Not to replace Likes or friend requests, but indicate that someone or something said is truly special to us, has impressed us and has changed us deeply.

updated by @hippiegal: 01/13/15 09:10:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well i'll start i guess

i appreciate every 1 of you

i started this site just over 2 years ago cause there were just so few good sites and many that weent horrible were very unfriendly most rreplies were mocking sarcastic mean or just "search the site that wquestions been answered already" responces where nobody was all that interested in being helpful they just wanted mindless entertainment..often at others expences.

when i started this site i did want to build a good site with good info and make it diferent then the ret

but what i didnt count on was how amazing all you would ne how supportive youd be ho helpful and how wed foprm such a great happy community

i never expected ppl to stay on all day..every day

or give up facebook to stay here more

or to go out of your way to tell strangers about the site

i remember the 1st time someone joined and said they heard aboit us from a classmate in school or another someone just came up to them on the street

and it really made me realize how dedicated and loyal you all were

its because of you tatt i work so hard on constantly improving the site

its because of you that i wake up and start welcoming the members that joined while i slept before i even have cofee or even am awake enough to focus

its bcause of u that i spent hundreds maybe even a thousand or 2 on effoerts to get us to the top of the search engines so more and more of "you" can become "us" or "we" every day

i appreciate every 1 of u so much but theres definately a long list of individuals worth extra appreciation so maybe i'll get to that soon

or maybe i'll appreciate ya 1 at a time when i have a particular reason for appreciating ya even more at the momment

all i can say for now is thank yiu all for makingthis community what it is today

actualy could have said all i wanted to say with just 2 lil words

Mitakuye Oyasin

thanks for making this a happy family

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I appreciate SE for starting this site. There isn't a lot of info on the Internet regarding dreadlocks, and there are so many different views and opinions that it's hard to really make sense of it all, especially if, like me, you don't know anyone with dreads. This site, including the people that make it the online community that it is, has given me all sorts of advice, changed my outlook on dreads, made me realise there's more to having dreads than worrying about them not looking perfect, etc. It's taught me a lot, so first and foremost I appreciate SE for starting the site, and then everyone else for bringing in more experience, knowledge, advice and friendly support. Also for the pictures and their stories, because they're very inspiring :)

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Thanks, SE. I'm all teary now. I agree a hundred percent about the friendliness of this site. And remember, you're getting back exactly what you initially put in.

soaring eagle said:

well i'll start i guess

i appreciate every 1 of you

i started this site just over 2 years ago cause there were just so few good sites and many that weent horrible were very unfriendly most rreplies were mocking sarcastic mean or just "search the site that wquestions been answered already" responces where nobody was all that interested in being helpful they just wanted mindless entertainment..often at others expences.

when i started this site i did want to build a good site with good info and make it diferent then the ret

but what i didnt count on was how amazing all you would ne how supportive youd be ho helpful and how wed foprm such a great happy community

i never expected ppl to stay on all day..every day

or give up facebook to stay here more

or to go out of your way to tell strangers about the site

i remember the 1st time someone joined and said they heard aboit us from a classmate in school or another someone just came up to them on the street

and it really made me realize how dedicated and loyal you all were

its because of you tatt i work so hard on constantly improving the site

its because of you that i wake up and start welcoming the members that joined while i slept before i even have cofee or even am awake enough to focus

its bcause of u that i spent hundreds maybe even a thousand or 2 on effoerts to get us to the top of the search engines so more and more of "you" can become "us" or "we" every day

i appreciate every 1 of u so much but theres definately a long list of individuals worth extra appreciation so maybe i'll get to that soon

or maybe i'll appreciate ya 1 at a time when i have a particular reason for appreciating ya even more at the momment

all i can say for now is thank yiu all for makingthis community what it is today

actualy could have said all i wanted to say with just 2 lil words

Mitakuye Oyasin

thanks for making this a happy family

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Hear, hear! Thank you, Tara, I couldn't say it better.

Tara C said:

I appreciate SE for starting this site. There isn't a lot of info on the Internet regarding dreadlocks, and there are so many different views and opinions that it's hard to really make sense of it all, especially if, like me, you don't know anyone with dreads. This site, including the people that make it the online community that it is, has given me all sorts of advice, changed my outlook on dreads, made me realise there's more to having dreads than worrying about them not looking perfect, etc. It's taught me a lot, so first and foremost I appreciate SE for starting the site, and then everyone else for bringing in more experience, knowledge, advice and friendly support. Also for the pictures and their stories, because they're very inspiring :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form