Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads un-doing from rip and twist. What do I do?

JD Nafziger
@jd-nafziger
13 years ago
8 posts

I have had my dreads now for about 4 and a half months 2 months ago. I started Rip and Twist (RnT) and then crocheted for a while after discovering this site I dropped the needle to let them grow. as well as made a few smaller dreads.

Dropping the needle was one of the best things I did. I felt great about myself and just told people not to worry about it when they said my dreads looked anything other than good (had a few critics, but managed). at this point I'm still feeling great BUT i've notice a few of the dreads I didn't do a crocheted tip are now coming undone. Like its now less than half of it knotted up. Im wondering what to do? cuz what happens is they turn into tight curls and I don't think they are able to knot up much. It is a possibility that I'll always just have SUPER CURLY tips, but most of my dreads I'm much more happy with, don't know what the exact difference is.

Thoughts?

My basic plan was RnT some more and then tie the tips with some yarn for a few months and just let them learn to not be pure curly rings. but I thought I would consult here first and post some more pictures of my progress.

after looking around Karl Edwards posted a Discussion where he just had to let it go, but, I thought I'd still ask.

updated by @jd-nafziger: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just let it go haha your worried about that?

if i w=ere u id comb out some of the crochetted tips

having the tips loose means they will dry 5 times faster

and thats just about 1/2 an inch thats loose there its good that they are that way

leave em be

dont do a thing to em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JD Nafziger
@jd-nafziger
13 years ago
8 posts

after measuring a few. the ones I was calling into question are like 3 inches of undoing. they curl to look like 1.5 but on one of them for instance I have like 3 in. undone, an 1 in. of knotted stuff and the roots. (that one is the lowest hanging one on the upper left picture)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

all of which is perfectly normal for 4 months

--
JD Nafziger
@jd-nafziger
13 years ago
8 posts

so with time those 3 inches will knot up more? cuz currently it just feels like it will stay a curl forever. But I think I'll take your advice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they'll be fine

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form