Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for my part in the world...

Devon
@devon
13 years ago
19 posts

I haven't let my hair dread for long, but my dreadlocks have been a huge influence in my life. I'm simplifying my lifestyle and have become more easy going with things. My problem is, I'm entering my senior year of high school and am faced with college and career decisions. I think the typical description of a career sounds awful; I don't want to be in the same building doing the same things for the bulk of my life. I was wondering if anyone could advise how to incorporate my environmentalist values and new-found love for simplicity in an active career to work towards. The people I've interacted with on this site as a whole have an incredible peace of mind... What's your part in the world?

updated by @devon: 01/13/15 09:08:39PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

You may want to look into park ranger or forrestry']

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
http://forestrycareers.org/

ExaltHimx7 said:

You may want to look into park ranger or forrestry']

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Marine biologist or anything in the biology field.
Devon
@devon
13 years ago
19 posts

Thanks for the suggestions!

Brandon3
@brandon3
13 years ago
4 posts
To me a Career iz doing something that you love to do regardless.Where as a job iz somthing that make'z you want the week to be over haFind something you truly love to do and are passionate for, and you'llBe just fine =].As for me I'm a linecook. Chef iz what Im gunna be one day ha.Lotz of crazy hour'z sometime'z 14 hour dayz 6-7 dayz a week. But forme it'z my passion! My career =]What I love to do so I enjoy it!
Devon
@devon
13 years ago
19 posts

I'm glad that you know what you're passionate about and are pursuing a career you'll love! Your post is very inspiring. Finding one's passion is sometimes easier said than done though..

Brandon said:

To me a Career iz doing something that you love to do regardless.
Where as a job iz somthing that make'z you want the week to be over ha
Find something you truly love to do and are passionate for, and you'll
Be just fine =].
As for me I'm a linecook. Chef iz what Im gunna be one day ha.
Lotz of crazy hour'z sometime'z 14 hour dayz 6-7 dayz a week. But for
me it'z my passion! My career =]
What I love to do so I enjoy it!
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Maybe you can mess around doing some volunteer work (whether for people, animals or the environment) and see what peaks your interest? I want to be a vet, it's literally all I've ever wanted to do, but it's been a very long journey. Life is about experience, so just look into whatever suggestions catch your eye and see if you can get into doing that as your career. I don't have any suggestions personally, but there are a lot of possible jobs/careers and directions you can take, so I'm sure the Internet will spark some suggestions

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Tara, I've noticed that your posts show wisdom beyond your years'] xo

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

My suggestion is: define what you love doing most, then find a practical way to make it a career. Others have already suggested forestry.Research biologist. Geography teacher. Park ranger. Writer and journalist on environmental issues. Nature photographer.You can incorporate simplicity into anything you do, at work and at home. The best way to encourage others is by your example.

Best wishes for your dread journey and your future career! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form