Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my first comment and it wasn't nice:(

Kylie Taylor Johnson
@kylie-taylor-johnson
13 years ago
1 posts

Don't let the ignorance in this world bring you down! That woman was so insecure in herself that she felt she had to judge and make fun of you like a 5 yr. old, screw her and don't pick up that brush!! (:

updated by @kylie-taylor-johnson: 07/13/15 10:28:06AM
Kristina
@kristina
13 years ago
13 posts

in your situation... I woud use this ocasion to see how is my ego responding... and try to separate it from mine consciousness. It is great oportunity for your inner grow... it is not You who is hurt, it is your ego, who wants to be nice and pretty to everybody- when you think about that aware it is inposible and silly.

You can't do nothing to ego, it is stupid to fight against him or something... it is part of us like our hand or nose, but you can be aware and conscous laugh at him like to small silly child :D It is part of us made to keep us live in hard situations, and he is woven with fears and cravings.

Responding to this mean girl pushes you in position of fight, or defense or just staying calm and don't respond.... what ever you decide- but do it with your concousnes, not with your ego.

Awarenes helpes me in any posible stupid situation, and I am learning to use it as my dreds grow :D... I am not best student, but I try to remember to do my homework- lol

Ashley L Ross
@ashley-l-ross
13 years ago
3 posts

Hm... I'm black and I kinda disagree with several things that were said. Yes black people have a long and painful history in the United Sates, but that is no excuse to treat someone that way. We're so quick to justify our actions with our past when majority of us NEVER went through what our ancestors went through. I think we have it relatively easy now, easier than most races in fact.

We need to get our heads out of our butts, because if we feel that we are being treated unfairly, the best way to combat that is by treating others fairly.

Japhy
@japhy
13 years ago
3 posts

Here in Alabama, I get shit from rednecks of course like faggot and niggerhair. Also I get crap from some young black folks who have dreads like I am not allowed or deserve to have them cuz I'm white. Theres alot of bullshit people out there and they aint worth your time or breath! I just shake my head and walk away unless they put their hands on me.

west of tazzmania
@west-of-tazzmania
13 years ago
20 posts

just ignore it... dont let their ignorance get you down in any way.... Dreadlocks are something that have been around throughout history it is by far the oldest hairstyle there is.... having dreadlocks is a culture in its self all us dreadies are a family we all share the love we eachother and the world and also share the criticism from the simple minded people that feel as if dreadlocks is something new.... I blame it on hip hop, after lil wayne dreadlocked his hair all of atl did.... the explosion of dreadlocks in the south is what led me to cut mine as a child i no longer felt unique. next time just laugh with her cuz deep down we know that the joke is on her. Keep your head up and stay knotty haha. And i am anAfricanamerican but i do not bind myself into the racecategoriesim simply earthly as we all are. i know nothing about the african culture so i believe that i cannot properly label myself that...... i dont see race i only see what lies on the inside

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I don't have the time to read all of these comments yet, (i will though) but I have to tell you that one good thing I got out of this story is that she KNEW you were dreadlocking or she wouldn't have asked sooooo take that as good news, your hair is locking maybe in it's own time and progress but it is and it's recognizable as such (I know you've had confidence issues and I understand them all too well). Otherwise like everyone said, (especially the ignorance is native to no one religion race, creed etc...comment!) Some people are shallow and judgemental and ill informed and the worst thing about that is that they don't know it so they go through life throwing their crap at people! Hair is hair, and it's yours and all you're doing is embracing nature....love yourself and your hair and forget those losers!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

too funny that this post has been resurrected. this all happened in august so a lot has changed since then. i get way more strange looks and comments under the breath now than before. i guess that means something good is happening:) my hair still drives me nuts a lot of the time but i'm not ready to give up yet especially with it getting me so much attention when i used to just walk through the world pretty much invisible. i live in a very self obsessed city so the fact that i'm getting double takes from people that wouldn't have even noticed i even existed before makes me smile:)

Shanxon Lemasters said:

I don't have the time to read all of these comments yet, (i will though) but I have to tell you that one good thing I got out of this story is that she KNEW you were dreadlocking or she wouldn't have asked sooooo take that as good news, your hair is locking maybe in it's own time and progress but it is and it's recognizable as such (I know you've had confidence issues and I understand them all too well). Otherwise like everyone said, (especially the ignorance is native to no one religion race, creed etc...comment!) Some people are shallow and judgemental and ill informed and the worst thing about that is that they don't know it so they go through life throwing their crap at people! Hair is hair, and it's yours and all you're doing is embracing nature....love yourself and your hair and forget those losers!

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

well now I feel pretty slow and behind lol I had no idea it was resurrected *facepalm*

/ 8
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form