Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Straight, fine hair to natural dreads success stories please!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

best thing to do is get rid of the comb. then you won't be temped to dig it out when your discouraged. i had lots of days when i just wanted to start over but i didn't have a comb so i couldn't follow through and i'm happy i didn't. good luck to you. it will definitely happen.

btw, your really beautiful. what i would give to have eyes like yours:)

Ash T said:

Thank you Heather, I really love your hair and it's so cool to see the progress you've made. It's so nice to have found this community to hear other people's experiences in the natural method, keeps me away from flea combs for sure. =)

Heather said:

i have very fine, thin, slightly wavy hair. when i started neglect my hair was so soft that it took a good 5 - 6 months to start dreading. t&r and backcombing doesn't hold in my hair either thats why i went neglect. plus i was too worried the first time around about the sections and such. it will happen it just takes longer than most people. i'm 10 months now and things are progressing really well. i have tons of knots and loopies. i still have a bunch of unknotted hair too but i'm okay with it. i'm in it for the long haul and it will happen eventually. everyones hair will knot it just may take longer for some of us:)

updated by @heather: 07/13/15 06:06:50AM
Ash T
@ash-t
13 years ago
25 posts

Thanks for the compliment. =)

Yeah, it's hard knowing that I could totally do the backcomb/crochet thing to get some kind of result now, but I know it's not the result I really want. The natural dreads are so much more beautiful and unique!

Heather said:

best thing to do is get rid of the comb. then you won't be temped to dig it out when your discouraged. i had lots of days when i just wanted to start over but i didn't have a comb so i couldn't follow through and i'm happy i didn't. good luck to you. it will definitely happen.

btw, your really beautiful. what i would give to have eyes like yours:)

Ash T said:

Thank you Heather, I really love your hair and it's so cool to see the progress you've made. It's so nice to have found this community to hear other people's experiences in the natural method, keeps me away from flea combs for sure. =)

Heather said:

i have very fine, thin, slightly wavy hair. when i started neglect my hair was so soft that it took a good 5 - 6 months to start dreading. t&r and backcombing doesn't hold in my hair either thats why i went neglect. plus i was too worried the first time around about the sections and such. it will happen it just takes longer than most people. i'm 10 months now and things are progressing really well. i have tons of knots and loopies. i still have a bunch of unknotted hair too but i'm okay with it. i'm in it for the long haul and it will happen eventually. everyones hair will knot it just may take longer for some of us:)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form