Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Opinions on the skirts I just made, please?

Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

They're cute, but I wouldn't buy them. Nothing against the skirts. I just have five kids and still have baby weight to lose. Plus, I prefer the more flowing, longer, hippie style skirts but seriously, very innovative. I have just started looking into upcycling my clothes for when I start to lose weight. (My son just turned two and that is usually around the time that the weight starts to fall off...weird, I know but it's how my body works I guess) Clothes are too expensive and too mass produced and I have a lot of really great items that I can taper in, change the style...but I am still lagging in the creativity department, lol. If I saw your skirts on sale though, I would say that cost wise, I would expect to spend between $15 and $30...I like the x3 idea. I would go with that.

updated by @cathy-givans: 07/23/15 06:09:47PM
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

I understand, thank you for your advice :)

If you are looking for a long flowing skirt, I have this wrap one that I made. (sorry my shop is so empty, I'm new to Etsy). Not trying to pressure you or anything though, just thought I'd send ya the link to let you know it's out there :D

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79995836/green-wrap-skirt?ref=pr_shop

This one costed me about 20 dollars to make so it's a bit cheaper then the 3x deal because $60 just seemed way to much for a skirt to me. Just my opinion though lol.

Cathy Givans said:

They're cute, but I wouldn't buy them. Nothing against the skirts. I just have five kids and still have baby weight to lose. Plus, I prefer the more flowing, longer, hippie style skirts but seriously, very innovative. I have just started looking into upcycling my clothes for when I start to lose weight. (My son just turned two and that is usually around the time that the weight starts to fall off...weird, I know but it's how my body works I guess) Clothes are too expensive and too mass produced and I have a lot of really great items that I can taper in, change the style...but I am still lagging in the creativity department, lol. If I saw your skirts on sale though, I would say that cost wise, I would expect to spend between $15 and $30...I like the x3 idea. I would go with that.

Corey
@corey
13 years ago
5 posts

I thinkthe skirt you linked to is bee-utiful. I'd pay$35.00, if I had it! Good luck. xo

Tessa Smith said:

I understand, thank you for your advice :)

If you are looking for a long flowing skirt, I have this wrap one that I made. (sorry my shop is so empty, I'm new to Etsy). Not trying to pressure you or anything though, just thought I'd send ya the link to let you know it's out there :D

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79995836/green-wrap-skirt?ref=pr_shop

This one costed me about 20 dollars to make so it's a bit cheaper then the 3x deal because $60 just seemed way to much for a skirt to me. Just my opinion though lol.

Cathy Givans said:

Jamie5
@jamie5
12 years ago
12 posts

I think that this would be better suited with a unevenslightpleat and a lighter (though not see through) fabric, a-line. Honestly, right now I think they look a bit like pillowcases and I would not wear it because it would not be flattering to my shape. I do, however, quite love the wrap idea that you are working with here. Good luck!

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
12 years ago
59 posts

Thank you for your honesty, I really do appreciate it. :) I think I might try the pleat idea and I've been looking at these lighter fabrics that are at the fabric store I work at, they're a little pricey though but I do agree the skirt would look a lot better with a more flowing fabric. I got a dress form for Christmas though so I'm going to work with the skirt and see if I can perfect it in anyways!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form