Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crazy thought

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
just a strange thought popped into my head while looking at the picture slideshow on the front page.i was thinking how one or 2 of our beautiful members resembled the description of medusa, with wild snakes of hair. so the idea popped into my head that medusa was a beautiful dready goddess, her power to turn a man to stone with a single glance..well..lets not take that so literaly.. what might happen to a man who looks upon the face of a glorious dready momma?the turning to stone more likely reffered to a sexual excitement state. back in the days the myth of medusa was born outta a woman with that kinda power might be thought of as a demon sent to tempt and devoure souls.. so a beautiful dready momma could easily be twisted and turned into a diabolical monster.. they say all myth is grounded in truth..could medusa have just been a dready goddess?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 05:34:45AM
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
It does make sense. I think you may be on to something here!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
like miss lizz in this pic

so if u think of medusa as a beautiful goddess with hair like snakes and eyes that freeze ya in your tracks something like this could be behind the myth (sorry for using u as an example just your dreads in this seemed to fit)

--
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
Perfect : ) The eyes and locks do just stop you in your tracks : ) soaringeagle said:
like miss lizz in this pic

so if u think of medusa as a beautiful goddess with hair like snakes and eyes that freeze ya in your tracks something like this could be behind the myth (sorry for using u as an example just your dreads in this seemed to fit)
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
lol....its a possibilityMy health teacher in junior year of Highschool (when my hair was first startin 2 get sum locks n looked kinda scraggly) would alwasy refer to me as Medusa hahaha and wuld pull up pics of her and shih hahahhawhata great guy hahaha
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I honestly think that is exactly what she was! Probably one of the first women to be seen with them or to more or less embrace them as beautiful. Most images of her she is depicted as evil and angry. Women now a days will call other women who they think are more beautiful than they are or feel threatened by, whores, sluts, etc... If a woman with the same jealous feeling of Medusa "turning men to stone" began the rumors of her as a negative image it may explain our current and or only idea of her in history. YAY! Dreads!

updated by @izzy-licious: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
semi related funny storywhen my dreads were young i had a tree boaand all the vietnamese kids in the neighbourhood would catch lil dung snakes (think thats what they called em anyway) and they'd give em to me so i musta had 100 or so in with my boa..anywat just for fun before goin to a party or something (especialy 1 where i knew ppl would be tripping) id put a few in my dreads..maybe a dozen and they would vannish into the roots so then id be hangin out at the party and every now and then a snake would poke its head out to look around or start slithering down my neckit freaked ppl out but i loved it

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Love it! soaringeagle said:
semi related funny story
when my dreads were young i had a tree boa
and all the vietnamese kids in the neighbourhood would catch lil dung snakes (think thats what they called em anyway) and they'd give em to me so i musta had 100 or so in with my boa..
anywat just for fun before goin to a party or something (especialy 1 where i knew ppl would be tripping) id put a few in my dreads..maybe a dozen and they would vannish into the roots so then id be hangin out at the party and every now and then a snake would poke its head out to look around or start slithering down my neck
it freaked ppl out but i loved it
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
ha that is very cool!And I like your theory of medusa it makes alot of sense soaringeagle said:
semi related funny story
when my dreads were young i had a tree boa
and all the vietnamese kids in the neighbourhood would catch lil dung snakes (think thats what they called em anyway) and they'd give em to me so i musta had 100 or so in with my boa..
anywat just for fun before goin to a party or something (especialy 1 where i knew ppl would be tripping) id put a few in my dreads..maybe a dozen and they would vannish into the roots so then id be hangin out at the party and every now and then a snake would poke its head out to look around or start slithering down my neck
it freaked ppl out but i loved it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow i didnt know all thattypical jealouse female she gets laid once and her jealouse rival makes sure that noone else would ever get to habe the pleasure of gazing into her eyes againwas athena frigid?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form