Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is using rubberbands in the early stage of dreadlocks really that harmfull?

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

I feel that rubberbands are only used to make it look nicer in the early stages of dreadlocks. Is there really bad problems that could occur with having them in for a while untill dreads mature? I have 3 1/2 inch long dreads.

updated by @austin-potter: 02/14/15 09:36:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes very bad issues and u really think having rubber bands uin looks good?

its an extremely bad idea take thewm out right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

Haha Alright I thing it looks better without loosehairs everywhere and it keeps the sections sectioned. i dont really want congo dreads. But Im really considering taking them out.i just want a legitimate explanation.

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts

put beads on them instead then. just keep separating them by hand (ripping) if u don want congo's but its highly unlightly that there gonna congo together when yr hair is that short

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

adfter 2 days if u take thekm out it requires unknotting knots thast form around them after a week they can be swallowed entirely

after 2 weeks they start to melt into a sticky gross mess

after 3 they start to dry rot insidde the dread where u cant get them out

even if u chancge tghem daily they can weaken the roots

they should never be in there at all

--
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

What do you mean wrap them in hemp?

mylene lrx said:

i had rubbenbands for dreads extensions once, and it true that they kind of melt in a sticky glue, or knot with hait, witch it not good.

I remember i've read a story few weeks ago on this forum of someone who had rubberband to prevent congo, and all the roots knotted together, so it doesnt prevent congo.

You can use wrap them in hemp, or use beads, to help them sectionning,

:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do as hemp hair wrap

Austin Potter said:

What do you mean wrap them in hemp?

mylene lrx said:

i had rubbenbands for dreads extensions once, and it true that they kind of melt in a sticky glue, or knot with hait, witch it not good.

I remember i've read a story few weeks ago on this forum of someone who had rubberband to prevent congo, and all the roots knotted together, so it doesnt prevent congo.

You can use wrap them in hemp, or use beads, to help them sectionning,

:)

--
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

would they still be able to grow with the wrap on them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcousd=rse but will be squished thin its best to leave nothing on them just let them dread the way they wanna dread

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i've actually used embroidery thread on a few of mine before and it helped keep them together. i would just knot a small piece about an inch away from the root. it slid up and down with ease like a bead but didn't get stuck there like a bead would. when i wanted to remove it i just cut it. super simple.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form