Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Journey

tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

So, you always hear how dreads are a journey, whether it is through spiritual, personal reflection, etc. I was just curious what truths you all have found while traveling on your journey. How have you changed? For me my path has led me into a more personal relationship with God, having previously been raised catholic but never really took it seriously. I have also had a greater sense of value for nature and our planet, as well as myself in general.

Once again, feel free to share your experiences that you have faced along your journey.

updated by @tsteck11: 01/13/15 09:01:51PM
Hannah
@hannah
13 years ago
4 posts

the first time i dreaded my hair it was pretty much because i liked how they looked and i was really into hair (went to beauty school) and i thought it was interesting kept em in for a year until i heard the truth about wax thought that was gross so i cut em out

at the time i was leaning more towards a natural lifestyle but we pretty much converted further back actually than where we started

lived the standard american life for a few years and

bam just like that out of blue i had some kind of awakening its very hard thing to explain almost as if i was shown the true nature of things it was amazing and has changed me in almost every way and i cant stand to use anything un natural now and dreading has just been a part of that and as they change its like the layers are peeled away and i am slowly seeing my true self and the truth of those around me

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i am who i am because of the roads i have taken

ive lived a life that so few get to live

i've had alot taken but still learned to give

my roots have grounded me and taught me so much

if these dreads could talk they'd never shut up

theyve guided me to live my dreams

i've lived a more and more natural existence becomming my true self

i found strength..