Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Did you just imply that I don't wash my hair?

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
I've gotten this before and its so annoying! I always have to correct them and tell them I wash mine AT LEAST once a week. I don't think your reaction was too strong at all. I've been holding back and I wish I could react the way you did haha. And if I go longer than a week my hair gets smelly so I could only imagine a few months of that would be like...bleh! I know someone who has dreads and they actually didn't wash their hair for the first four months of dreading because she didn't know she was supposed to. I can't believe people actually think that's how you dread your hair..
updated by @tessa-smith: 07/23/15 05:05:24PM
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

I know Tessa, it's ridiculous. If other people do it that way then fine. I think it's gross for ANYONE to not wash their hair (it's kind like not showering. Anyone think that is pleasant?) but if they don't that's their perogative. But believe me I do not look like the kind of person that wouldn't wash my hair. If that was the only way to actually form dreads, believe me, I wouldn't have them

And actually, I need to learn to hold back. There is no filter between my brain and my mouth and I've gotten into some pretty sticky situations by just not thinking about what I said before I said it. It's an important skill that I, unfortunately, lack. However, in situations like this it comes in handy :)

God I hope not. LOL I'm in my mid-twenties, isn't that kind of behaviour suppose to stop at some point?

grittyjane said:

maybe he likes you and was pulling your pig-tails so to speak...some guys act like jerks just to get a girl's attention
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

when most people see my dreads they assume i don't wash my hair. i just say i wash my hair about 3 times a week and if they push the issue i tell them my hair is probably cleaner than theirs because i don't have products in it at all.

it doesn't bug me unless its a family member that says it. most of my family has been excepting but a few have tried to put me on blast.

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

A few times people have tried to imply that anyone with dreads doesn't wash their hair. One time a boyfriend chimed in before I could saying, "If she didn't wash her hair, I wouldn't touch that nasty bitch with a 10 foot pole!" Then he said something about the ropes just being something fun to pull...:)

Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

I recently had someone at a partylite party say something about me not washing my hair. I kinda blinked at her an said "I don't know what you're talking about. I wash my hair twice a week just like I did before I had dreadlocks." She was a little flabbergasted and couldn't understand how I would wash my hair, my best answer I could give her was with soap and water just like you do, but I use Bronner's and ACV instead of normal hair conditioner. She was contrite and more than a little embarrassed by her assumption. Of course this was someone that I know and like, I was more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because obviously she just didn't know or understand. Now she does.

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Hey lu what it is? I believe you need this shirt. www.etsy.com/listing/76424788 . Wear it everywhere n wear it proudly. guarantee you the questions will.stop. nuff said

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form