Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stupid me

Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
So I took some advice and removed my rubberbands and watched every twist and tangle poof right back to my natural fro. So out of anger I just shaved my head baby bottom smooth. So I suppose I'll be back in a month or 3 when my hair is back. Until then I guess
updated by @miko: 01/13/15 09:00:32PM
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Yea I know but is frustrating. They were doing fine and holding for great with the loose wrapped elastics but everybody keeps saying that they would ruin my dreads and just now I was talking to a my sis new bf and he still has his original elastics On his from 9 months ago with great results

Personal Jesus MD said:
HUH bloody hell man
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude

hair loosens before it dreads it was doing exactly as it should have done but shaving..ruined everything u cant dread with no hair why would u shave?

all dreads come loose before they dread they were perfectly fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tell him to get them out what? 9 months? seriusly? they should never be ion more then 2 sdays max

Miko said:

Yea I know but is frustrating. They were doing fine and holding for great with the loose wrapped elastics but everybody keeps saying that they would ruin my dreads and just now I was talking to a my sis new bf and he still has his original elastics On his from 9 months ago with great results

Personal Jesus MD said:
HUH bloody hell man

--
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
But the thing is it didn't just loosen it completely shifted back to a fro with no distinction save a few lumpy bits in the back I realize that my act of shaving was a bit over board but at least it gives me time to reflect and research before I decide to re-do. Natural neglect is definately not the route I'd like to take I will admit that I'm going for a much more commercial look to them but that's the way that I like them. It seemed different the first time I had dreads because my hair was so long and by memory so much easier. Maybe the patience of waiting for my hair to grow back will help my patience to allow natural locking

soaringeagle said:

tell him to get them out what? 9 months? seriusly? they should never be ion more then 2 sdays max

Miko said:

Personal Jesus MD said:
HUH bloody hell man
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well u can just let it dread from a bald head we had several do it that way

--
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
ouch well good luck mate! hopefully going round 2 is a much smoother happier journey :)
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

Sorry to hear about your hair! I'm the same as you with my dreads, I went for the slightly more "manicured" look and am still using the bands nearly 3 years on, never had any problems.

Good luck with your next set!

Miko said:

But the thing is it didn't just loosen it completely shifted back to a fro with no distinction save a few lumpy bits in the back I realize that my act of shaving was a bit over board but at least it gives me time to reflect and research before I decide to re-do. Natural neglect is definately not the route I'd like to take I will admit that I'm going for a much more commercial look to them but that's the way that I like them. It seemed different the first time I had dreads because my hair was so long and by memory so much easier. Maybe the patience of waiting for my hair to grow back will help my patience to allow natural locking

soaringeagle said:

Miko said:

Personal Jesus MD said:
HUH bloody hell man
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form